The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Julian Assange should be freed > Comments

Julian Assange should be freed : Comments

By Peter Bowden, published 24/12/2021

What did Julian Assange do that such powerful countries want him condemned ? For he is not guilty of any crime. Guilty only of exposing wrongdoings.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14
  13. All
ttbn: Now there's a super-dooper conspiracy theory. Assange is not a rapist.

I have it on good authority. The Manager of a Woman's Shelter. I quote, "Any man, accused of Rape must go to jail, weather he did it or not. If he didn't do it, it make up for the ones that did & got away with it." End of quote.
Posted by Jayb, Monday, 27 December 2021 10:50:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think that the sympathy and concern for wrongful conviction held by some would turn on its head were George Pell responsible for Wikileaks. I guess the truth is that I have the same feelings for Julian as some have for George, so the question of guilt or innocence has no relevance for me.
Posted by Fester, Monday, 27 December 2021 1:57:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn

Unlike you, I don't rely on mainstream media for my information. All my claims are verifiable. Just because they're new to your blinkered eyes, doesn't mean they're fabricated conspiracy theories.

In regards to the rape allegations, Nils Melzer, the United Nations Rapporteur on Torture, had the following to say: “I speak fluent Swedish and was able to read all the original documents. I could hardly believe my eyes. According to the testimony of the woman in question, a rape had never taken place at all. And not only that: the woman’s testimony was later changed by the Stockholm Police without her involvement in order to somehow make it sound like a possible rape. I have all the documents in my possession, the emails, the text messages.”

The sex was consensual. Neither of the two women involved accused Assange of rape. They merely wanted him to take an STD test. They had approached the police about compelling him to comply. “I did not want to put any charges on Julian Assange,” texted one of them on Aug. 20 while she was still at the police station, but “the police were keen on getting their hands on him.” She said she felt “railroaded by the police.”
Posted by Bronwyn, Monday, 27 December 2021 2:27:17 PM
Bronwyn,

You say, "All my claims are verifiable". 

So, would you kindly verify them for us as you are the only one who knows where they are.

I don't rely on the MSM for anything, by the way. Another wild guess on your part.

I'm looking forward to your proof of what you claim to actually know.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 27 December 2021 2:49:08 PM
shadowminister

<< emails between him and Bradley Manning clearly showed that he not only cajoled him into hacking the system but instructed him on how to do this. >>

Perhaps you can provide a quote from these emails that 'clearly shows' Assange instructing Manning. If you can't, I suggest you stop passing on pure suppositioin as though it is the incontrovertible truth, which it most certainly isn't.

Civil rights attorney and member of Assange's legal team, Michael Ratner, observed: “Prosecutors in the Bradley Manning case revealed internet chat logs between Manning and an unnamed person at WikiLeaks who they said colluded with Manning by helping the accused traitor engineer a reverse password. Without supporting evidence, prosecutors claimed the unnamed person was Assange. Both Manning and Assange denied it."

Manning was a whistleblower, Assange a publisher. There was no collusion between them. The 'unnamed person' was obviously not Assange. If it was, that particular piece of evidence would have been brandished from the rooftops. Instead, it remains hidden. Manning is just one more person the US prosecution is using to go after Assange.

The case against Assange is on very shaky ground. One of the main prosecution witnesses has recently been proven to have lied. There really is no case, but that won't stop the US from throwing all its resources into having Assange locked away and his life destroyed. He's been held up as an example of what will happen to anyone else who dares to publish classified documents the government wants kept hidden from public view.
Posted by Bronwyn, Monday, 27 December 2021 3:04:13 PM
If his case were so strong then why did he spend seven years hiding in an embassy and wasting many millions of taxpayers money? At least George had the integrity to face a trial, although Julian may have a bit of trouble getting his Ecuadorian flat mates to attest to his good fame and character.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-latin-america-47956607
Posted by Fester, Monday, 27 December 2021 3:16:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14