The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Julian Assange should be freed > Comments

Julian Assange should be freed : Comments

By Peter Bowden, published 24/12/2021

What did Julian Assange do that such powerful countries want him condemned ? For he is not guilty of any crime. Guilty only of exposing wrongdoings.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. All
So, what has Assange actually done ? If he published sensitive information be it right or wrong, publishing sensitive information he did & for that he has served enough time.
Let him go & make him promise not to stick his nose into sensitive information ever again.
If he writes a novel about this he'll be a multi-millionaire overnight & he should be happy with that.
Let him live somewhere out of the reach of Australia & the USA.
Posted by individual, Friday, 24 December 2021 3:16:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To Jayb, and other posters who are constantly having a go at other people's opinions. I don't give a toss whether you agree or disagree with my opinions. I don't intend to change them any more than you are prepared to change your opinions. Just say what you think on the matter, and move on. None of our opinions are going to make a damn of difference to what happens to Assange anyway. And that includes the ideological ramblings of Peter Bowden. Get over yourselves.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 24 December 2021 3:32:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The charges against Assange aren't about the publishing of the stolen data but that he encouraged espionage and/or instigated espionage and/or actually took part in espionage. If he merely received the stolen data from Bradley Manning and published it there would never have been a problem.

But it is alleged, he did much more than just publish as above. the charge is that he had some part in the theft by Manning. Silly claims that Australia has any say in this is ignorant. The things he's charged with took place overseas and against another country. In the same way that the Australian government has no roll if a citizen is charged with stealing in another country, we have no roll here.

Besides, do we really want to bring a rapist back into this country?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assange_v_Swedish_Prosecution_Authority
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 24 December 2021 4:31:55 PM
ttn:To Jayb, and other posters who are constantly having a go at other people's opinions. I don't give a toss whether you agree or disagree with my opinions. I don't intend to change them.

I have no problem with your opinion. Your opinion is yours. I didn't ask you to change it. I only asked a question, for the sake of clarity, that all.

There is no need to go off Half Cocked about mine or anyone else's opinion. Strewth, young fella settle down. Firing up makes you look like a Goose. Ay.
Posted by Jayb, Friday, 24 December 2021 5:01:47 PM
Yes, mhaze, there is also the Swedish incident that would have had the wrath of the usual suspects brought down upon any other 'white, privileged Australian male'. This bloke is not just a naughty boy: he is a low life and enemy of the US, and by default, Australia and the West. Even the Labor party hasn't gone it to bat for him.

It's clearly the loony left, anti-American mob that's making a fuss over this nasty piece of work.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 24 December 2021 6:39:11 PM
..unless truth telling is wrong.
ateday,
In a society full of sane people that'd be the right thing but when you have what we have where people can't handle the truth then muzzling them is for the good of all the good !
Posted by individual, Friday, 24 December 2021 8:11:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy