The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Voluntary assisted dying is an immoral act > Comments

Voluntary assisted dying is an immoral act : Comments

By Syed Atiq ul Hassan, published 22/11/2021

To end life voluntary or assisted suicide or euthanasia is legal in many countries but at the same time illegal in most countries.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
This can't be a serious argument, has to be a troll from some 4 Chan nutter LARPing as a Muslim surely ?

You want to decide for me whether I can kill myself ? i will grant that to you IF you allow me to decide for you what relegion you should belong to, or do you want the right to decide for yourself ?
Posted by Valley Guy, Monday, 22 November 2021 12:54:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So is murder by any other name,e.g., assisting dying. Be it setting up the medications and inserting the needle that delivers them. Tantamount to supplying a loaded gun for the same assisted outcome. Just not pulling the trigger.

Or a pillow held over the head of a helpless, elderly, sleeping patient long enough to asphyxiate them?

On all occasions, there are witnesses and perpetrators, sometimes, one and the same person?

And where there's a will, there's always a relative!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 22 November 2021 1:29:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Do-gooders opposed to it should be required to tend the dying !
Posted by individual, Monday, 22 November 2021 2:12:54 PM
I find it annoying that people with funny names all too often want to tell us how to live according to their culture & religious leanings.

If they don't like this culture, there are alternatives.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 22 November 2021 3:16:45 PM
Hasbeen,
The problem aren't the people with the "funny names" but they're exploiting the stupidity of those Australians (sadly a large number) who can not see that tey're being manipulated to no end. The most dangerous manipulation is religious freedom when religion is being exploited as a weapon by one side & as capitulation by another !
Meanwhile, the Census is being ignored !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 23 November 2021 5:08:10 AM
"The creation and ending of human life are in the hands of that power who created this world including all creatures living or breathing on this earth."

Respectful Greetings, Syed Atiq ul Hassan.
I am an atheist with a conviction to my choice undeniably the equal of the conviction you hold for Islam. The difference between us is as stark as night is to day.

I was created by my mother and father and the reasoning supporting this leads back to the beginning of life.

I am unconvinced that any supernatural phenomena such as creators, gods or ghosts exist and live my life as if they don't exist. For all intents and purposes they are nothing but fantasies in other people's minds.

The human intellect by virtue of rational application in the sciences informs me very well of the natural world. No god or need of a god has been demonstrated.

Your right to your religious beliefs is respected to the same degree that you respect my World View.

With these issues in mind. I implacably deny your stricture that any one or thing controls my choices of life and death. Your very assertion that your religious faith trumps my lack of such affliction and that my rights herein are involuntarily in the control of an imaginary phantom, is rejected.

And in closing, I respectfully point out that all the planets in our solar system rejoice in being given capitalised names. If you could extend that same courtesy to our ark in space that has nurtured us and sustained us in life, I would be most appreciative
Posted by Pogi, Tuesday, 23 November 2021 5:20:06 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy