The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Cancelling cartoonists > Comments

Cancelling cartoonists : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 27/10/2021

This month, Australia has made its own modest contribution to cartoon cancel culture by taking aim (the word is appropriate) at one of its favourite scrawling sons.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Oh dear! Victoria again. But what do you expect in a state whose premier is now plotting with crossbenchers - who have a record of siding with him, and with not enough left of the Liberals in the lower house to block him - to give himself Xi Jinping type authority to deal with pandemics. Just him, in dictator style, unable to be questioned or reined in by parliament.

The leader of the opposition is sabre rattling, but what can he do without the numbers?

Thankfully, I'm not a Victorian, but if this creature can get away with turning his state into a mini-China, other premiers, who have usurped the running of the country, could get the same ideas as Andrews.

What can be done when there is virtually no opposition in Victoria? Can the courts help the long-suffering, downtrodden Victorians? Is a Vice-Regal intervention a la Whitlam possible?

Something has to be done about this totalitarian lunatic.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 27 October 2021 7:14:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This is the cartoon in question....

http://www.leunig.com.au/curly-world/opinion-september-2020/35-news/recent-cartoons-images/1176-tank-man

Other drawings that challenged Chairman Dan's edicts were also censored.

We, Australia, have a descended into a very dark place and historically its very difficult to reverse coarse.

I fear for my grandkids.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 27 October 2021 1:09:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If that doesn't pass The Age commissariat, then I need to choose something stronger than rooted to describe Australia.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 27 October 2021 2:34:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy