The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Reply to Elizabeth Farrelly: suburbia not Kulturstadt > Comments

Reply to Elizabeth Farrelly: suburbia not Kulturstadt : Comments

By John Muscat, published 17/9/2021

Having just read a column of hers slamming the proposed high-rise tower complex for inner-city Pyrmont's Fish Market site, it was amusing to see her bash the other end of the spectrum. Where would Farrelly have people live?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Where would she have them live?

Where indeed!?

And where is alongside a new rapid rail system that would actually pay for itself if the corridor was purchased now before being rezoned as urban!

And given a ten-mile wide corridor? Make considerable profit eventually, above rollout costs!

Only money-hungry inner-city redevelopment real estate moguls want to see ever and ever more and more dense high rise development! And given the pandemic, probably the only ones?

Airline moguls will use every tool in their locker to prevent rapid rail and coal and gas companies, similarly when any MRS nuclear power proposal hits the table!

It's only a small cohort of corrupt pollies and their money-grubbing puppet masters that have succeeded in making sure none of the above has become the rational reality?

And need to be shoved aside along with their objections and personally funded objection campaigns? If billionaires like Clive Palmer and Linda Reinhart were "secretly" offered some post-development shares in a fully constructed rapid rail?

Bet your house that project would be off the drawing board and a happening reality within weeks! And good tactics in the circumstances!

[And should those shares fail to materialise after the system is up and running, one could hear the bitching and bellowing (I'll sue the world) from Sydney to Whitehall!]

Nevertheless, we the people and taxpayers should crack on with rapid rail and all that follows including the massive economic boost and new homes rollout that that would enable!

As an aside, the above thread needs to be corrected and "my (autocorrected) industries" read as many industries!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 17 September 2021 12:58:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
John Muscat,
Though I don't share Farrelly's opinion, I notice you have failed to supply any evidence to support your conjecture that medium density housing is economically unviable.
Posted by Aidan, Friday, 17 September 2021 4:11:43 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy