The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Two score years ago > Comments

Two score years ago : Comments

By George Bush, published 13/9/2021

In these memories, the passengers and crew of Flight 93 must always have an honored place. Here the intended targets became the instruments of rescue.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Forget the old world on which George Bush reminisces from his shared dementia ward with Biden, look to the yellow peril our forefathers loudly warned us to avoid, China.

All the above shows, what a reckless move the dismantling of the White Australia policy was, as we line up to be scorched by an embolden Asian aggressor, while the past slips away in disgrace.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 13 September 2021 9:14:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There is no arguing just how much 9/11 impacted the American psyche. It was utterly horrific and the memorials are fully justified.

However the good will extended to the US was almost completely soured by the actions of this man and his vice president. The materials and manpower deflected to Iraq is very likely a large factor in why Afghanistan is now lost to the Taliban. The failure to address Wahabbism in Saudi Arabia, the source of the terrorism, is also telling.

And most of us accept the reasons why said deflection happened.
http://nsarchive.gwu.edu/document/18216-national-security-archive-doc-08-iraqi-oilfields
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 13 September 2021 10:32:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree absolutely and without reservation with the praiseworthy sentiments expressed by President, George Bush! And would wish every person on the plane, be declared as serving veterans and their families, those left behind, be given the same status and financial support as those who die on the front line as, America's finest serving heroes!

And thank you Mr President for those very fine heartfelt words! A divided America needs to find something and someone they can, once again unite behind. And that unity needed now a never before!

I sincerely hope your very fine words and example, help in that regard!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 13 September 2021 11:50:20 AM
I, Saint George, think I can speak for all of my ordinary American subjects when I stress my post 9/11 reactions Saved My Presidency.

That the majority of the terrorists were from Saudi Arabia - a country that my Bush Dynasty Family continues to have $Billions in commercial deals naturally begot automatic invasions of alternative Muslim lands.

Afghanistan and I-raq demanded invading. That more gold and many more American lives than 9/11 were shed in Afgh-I-raq, was a sacrifice I and my dear VP, who also lives in safe grandeur, were prepared to make.

Endless fighting in Afgh-I-Raq, with no exit plan, ensured my Second Term as your Dear President was Secure.

Endless war also enriched my Militrar Industrrial Complex while embuggering my worst enemies, the Democrats, until that fearless Republican Mr Trump, organised the Peace with Honour exit from Afghanistan. A Peace notable by its absence in my Speech.

That approaching one million Muslim civilians went to their Heaven due to my Afgh-I-raq invasions was my Christian God's blessing.

Now I, as you Ex-POTUS relax in divine moneyed Texan retirement. Yes, I'm a multi-$$$millionaire as befits a Son-of-a Royal Bush Dynasty.

I can afford to write this stirring speech because my Daddy organised my constant deferements from serving my country in Vietnam for years, until the Peace With Honor in that war also made me safe.

AUSTRIA DOWN UNDER

My dear VP Cheney's invention of Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq threatening America and Great Britain and, by extension, its ex-colonies brought fourth the Five Eye invasions of non-Saudi Muslim lands.

I hear that my Aussie Brothers in Arms from Down Under, as "Austrians" also sacrificed vast blood and treasure. The bravery of Austrian Mates everywhere is remembered by those of the few fellow Americans who think twice about that land.

Have a Shrimp on your Barbies for me, My Austrian Cobbers.

"God Bless" America and especially my Texas.
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 13 September 2021 3:24:52 PM
HEMINGWAY, WHO PERSONALLY EXPERIENCED 3 WARS, SAID IT BETTER THAN BUSH JNR

Politicians, who haven't fought a war in their life send other men to war. Reading this speech drafted by a speech writer for Bush Jnr's signature and for Jnr's self-justification didn't impress.

I disagree that wars against weak developing nations bring out the noble best in Great or Super Powers.

There is a greater writer on war than Bush Jnr.

That is Ernest Hemingway, who, unlike George, risked his neck in 3 wars albeit voluntarily, but also to bear witness, to write about it, telling the public, who are only fed politicians' propaganda. John Howard, still, anyone!?

Hemingway brought the senseless brutality to a larger audience.

Hemingway's record:

During World War I, the 18-year-old Ernest Hemingway drove an ambulance in Italy. Then he was wounded. He wrote: When you are badly wounded the first time you lose that illusion of immortality and you know it can happen to you.

He went to the Spanish Civil War in 1937. He then went to France during WW2 where he was was actually a fighting and useful intelligence asset to the US Army.

Here’s what Hemingway had to say about war in "A Farewell to Arms":

Someone said “‘We won’t talk about losing. There is enough talk about losing. What has been done this summer cannot have been done in vain.’

[Hemingway] did not say anything.

"I was always embarrassed by the words sacred, glorious, and sacrifice and the expression in vain.

We had heard them, on proclamations that were slapped up by billposters over other proclamations, now for a long time,

and I had seen nothing sacred, and the things that were glorious had no glory

and the sacrifices were like the stockyards at Chicago if nothing was done with the meat except to bury it.

…Abstract words such as glory, honor, courage were obscene.”
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 14 September 2021 12:17:37 AM
Eisenhower, Kennedy, Nixon, Johnson, Reagan, Carter & Bush senior all served in WW11. Both Bush & Kennedy were lucky to survive that service.

Quite a few US presidents with front line experience sent men into war.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 14 September 2021 1:36:06 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy