The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Patriotic snitch: Bob Hawke as US informant > Comments

Patriotic snitch: Bob Hawke as US informant : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 7/9/2021

In June, a rather unremarkable revelation was made that Hawke had been something of an errand boy for the US imperium, a spiller of the beans and something of what Australians would call a 'dobber'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Whatever Binoy, the "Scholar at Selwyn College, Cambridge" Pommy Uni forelock tugger, Dislikes, must be good.

Ergo, Bob did good.
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 7 September 2021 12:52:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Don't know anything about that and a dead man cannot defend himself or reveal any possible inaccuracies?

What I do know is the man publicly confirmed his one major regret as policy while in government. And that was we did not become the world's major repository for the world's nuclear waste. And reap the huge financial reward that that would entail.

An opinion I share, for somewhat different reasons, namely we could use that material as largely unspent fuel in MSR nuclear technology and grant ourselves possibly thousands of years worth of virtually free energy!

And with the right economic template, i.e., cooperative capitalism. grow an economy way too large for any aggressor to threaten let alone take! And on the back of that energy, always providing it is not asked to carry ether passengers or drones, i.e., governments using it as their personal ATM or double-dipping via totally dumb front loading taxes etc-etc!

Instead, leave it virtually free and managed by super-efficient co-ops, even if the government need to facilitate and fund their existence

And given all that is so? Thereby ensure a recovery so large that even a trillion or two in debt will simply disappear in the massive economic growth that will surely follow!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 7 September 2021 1:03:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes, he drank an oft-times to excess! So what, he wasn't a violent drunk and had his habits were reflected in many working-class households. And way too easy in a climate that gets as hot as ours every summer in most of Australia!

Moreover, Dan, nobody is claiming he was in his private life, a bloody saint! And reportedly, inclined to dip the wick on too many occasions? And not alone in that regard? Even so, one of the better PMs of recent years!

Two inebriated gentlemen walking home down a railway line, after a night on the town.

Bloody long shtaircase Bob! Yesh Bill. And bloody low banishishters ash well!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 7 September 2021 1:22:06 PM
Alan. I sense you put too much Thorium on your weeties today.

Concerned.
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 7 September 2021 1:39:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy