The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Lockdowns reduce infection rates, but only for a few weeks > Comments

Lockdowns reduce infection rates, but only for a few weeks : Comments

By Michael Tomlinson, published 31/8/2021

Research studies have not found associations between lockdowns and reduced mortality outcomes over the course of an epidemic wave.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
The latest research suggests that having previously had the WuFlu is better at combating the Indian strain than the Pfizer vaccine. But given the efforts to actively discourage previous infection few are so protected.

Additionally, there is now a new variant coming out of South Africa which is said to be even more infectious than the Indian variant AND maybe resistant to any of the vaccines.

If true, where does that leave the policy of putting the entire state under house arrest pending vaccination?
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 31 August 2021 3:52:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear mhaze,

Well you are nothing if not persistent with your conflating low Covid deaths with risk.

We both know how intellectually dishonest this is but yet you continue gaily onward.

Just imagine Australia's history being dictated by you, the 15 ships the NSW government put into typhus quarantine between 1837 and 1841 would have instead been allowed to dock, the lepers would not have isolated into their own institutions and Jenner would have been run out of town for promoting a cowpox alternative to full blown small pox.

The mhaze of the day would have proclaimed that the full blown small pox variety gave better immunity therefore should be left to run its course.

Do you realise how utterly history denying, immoral and stupid your stance is?

As to lockdowns not working go tell that to Western Australians for one.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 31 August 2021 8:23:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Another advocate for the 'Death by Covid' policy.
- Sorry my mistake 'Living with Covid' policy.
(Obviously for some living with Covid WILL MEAN DEATH')

Tell me Michael Tomlinson, have you or you colleagues come up with a cure for death yet?

You should stand down from your positions.
Human Research Ethics Committee
Do you even know what ethics is?
http://ethics.org.au/ethics-explainer-the-harm-principle/
You lack the basic qualifications or knowledge to hold that position.

National Institute of Integrative Medicine
Here's Craig Kelly pointing out that the TGA itself says there is no long term safety data for Pfizer, and furthermore it's effectiveness against Delta has never been assessed.
http://twitter.com/wong_do_mein888/status/1432328247757336581

If you're not for suppression, then you must be for vaccines.
Well it's not going to work, that's going to backfire badly.
All you people advising are a bunch of idiots.
It's going to backfire because the vaccinated can still be infected,
- But the vaccinated are not going to get tested or self isolate, so you can expect this thing to get a whole lot worse and a lot more deaths yet.

You academic know-nothings have destroyed the whole entire country with your clueless bs.

Whinge, whinge, whine, whine, "we hate the lockdowns".
Well your leaders failed you, and your state countrymen failed you.
And you have failed everyone with your crap attitude.

I hope you stay in lockdown forever.
That's what you get for being so selfish and spreading your shite to the rest of the country.
Now my state is going to be ruined because of people LIKE YOU.
I haven't even had a covid test yet.
The most we had in hard lockdown was 3 days.
Why should my state pay for the mess your state created?
Kerry Chant's telling us were going to need booster shots forever.

You idiots in Melbourne predicted Sydney Delta would be down to 5 cases by now.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-24/nsw-covid-lockdown-end-date-pedicted-by-mathematical-models/100315538
"The first, from the University of Melbourne's Populations Intervention Unit shows Sydney's 14-day average number of new cases could be brought down to five by around August 28.
Clueless.

I've had it with you people.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 31 August 2021 9:30:03 PM
SR,

I deny it.

When those ships came into Sydney in the 1830's I was completely in favour of quarantining them and recommended the vaccine. Now, I do admit that I got it wrong when the Black Plague came through in 1347.

SR writes (rather hilariously): "Do you realise how utterly history denying, immoral and stupid your stance is?"

Do you realise that you just made up that 'stance'. Just made it up and then told me how wrong I was to think something I never thought.

What HAVE you been reduced to.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 1 September 2021 10:30:26 AM
Dear Michael,
Thanks for writing such a clear and concise article.
The observational population study by Kephart et al can be criticized for the lack of any proper control group. The study does not take into account the natural tendency of viral respiratory infections to rise and fall during an epidemic. The fact that a reduction in population mobility coincided with a short term reduction in infection rates does not prove that the reduction in mobility was the cause of the reduction in the infection rate. Co-incidence does not prove causation.
Kind regards,
James.
Posted by James17, Tuesday, 7 September 2021 2:27:45 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy