The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The troubling case of Professor Ridd > Comments

The troubling case of Professor Ridd : Comments

By Adrienne Stone and Joshua Forrest, published 24/6/2021

Does the principle of academic freedom protect Australian academics who engage in pointed public criticism of their academic colleagues, and university governance?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Good Afternoon Gentlemen,

I don't have the time to argue with you.
However here are two links that speak for
themselves on Peter Ridd:

http://www.australiancoralreefsociety.org/wp-content/uploads/Ridd-questionable-claims-statement.pdf

And -

http://www.desmog.com/peter-ridd/
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 25 June 2021 12:53:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy step out of your protective shell for once, & go read the results of Jennifer Marohasy's testing of some of the stuff coming out of James cook.

Then come back with your genuine critic of her research, if you dare. If you wont your future posts will be forever tainted by the fact you won't investigate solid evidence showing some of your beliefs can only held by the practice of avoiding solid evidence that they are flawed. Blind obedience to authority is the realm of fools. Remember the emperors cloths.

The ball is in your court.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 25 June 2021 3:04:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen,

I can see from your post that you have not read the
links I cited. Especially the second link.

Here's an excerpt from the second link:

"The Institute of Public Affairs (IPA) is a group funded
by mining magnate Gina Rinehart and known for opposing
policy actions on climate change has supported Peter Ridd
by gathering funds to cover his legal costs in the case
he filed against James Cook University."

"Ridd is director and scientific coordinator at the
Australian Environmental Foundation (AEF) a group
SourceWatch describes as a front group founded by the
Institute of Public Affairs. Jennifer Marohasy is the
director of the environment unit at the Institute of
Public Affairs, and initially she served as AEF's chairwoman."

"Ridd named Marohasy directly while thanking donors for
his GoFundMe campaign that raised over $260,000 to cover
his legal fees against James Cook University."

So much for objectivity from Jennifer Marohasy.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 25 June 2021 4:44:25 PM
Meaningless red herrings Foxy.

The only thing that matters is the evidence. Personally I don't give a damn who produces the evidence. If it holds water they have won me, communist, lefty or right radical, if the evidence says they are right, they are right.

You appear to be using this red herring to avoid actually evaluating the real evidence. That is just not good enough.

I like you believed all I was told until Climate Gate exposed the lies & & cheating the global warming mob were using. I still thought it was probably a limited few. I then spent 6 months getting my math back up to where I could follow & understand the facts of radiation absorbance of the materials involved.

It is well proven that CO2 can not perform as the shonks claim. It was bloody hard work for an old bloke who had forgotten more math than he still retained. Now seeing the truth I am disgusted with these people, & myself for ever falling for the rubbish, hence my extreme feelings on the subject, but please spare me the political bull on the subject. Evidence from even a murderer is better than bulldust from a saint.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 25 June 2021 8:12:36 PM
The vixen runs from the blackberry bush.

Afflicted with the brain of a fox: No match for a fox hunter!

Dan.
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 25 June 2021 10:40:32 PM
Bronwyn,

You are the one making wild and unsupported allegations. The onus is on you to show where Ridd claims that climate change was a hoax.

The crime that Ridd committed was showing that so-called researchers at QU were publishing studies based on bogus research. Much like the Bruce Pascoe's Dark Emu.
Posted by shadowminister, Saturday, 26 June 2021 4:33:38 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy