The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Palestine from a Jewish Australian perspective > Comments

Palestine from a Jewish Australian perspective : Comments

By Jordana Silverstein, published 3/6/2021

Like many Jews around the world, I've spent much of the last few weeks scanning social media, looking for news and messaging friends to check if they are safe.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Well, I have to hand it to you for the courage of your convictions, Jordana. I doubt if many of your Jewish friends will want anything more to do with you, out side of those young Jews who put their membership of the avante guard, cosmopolititan class above that of their own people. I thought that being a traitor to your own people was just a fashionable fad among white European avante guard types? But I see it has infected the Jewish people as well.

Of course, I would have had even more respect for your opinion had you been penning your spray while under fire in Tel Aviv, from your religious enemies rockets. Enemies who want to keeeel everyone in Israel they can't convert to Islam, or turn them into sex slaves. But I suppose telling your Israeli co religionists how they should respond to HAMAS's self declared genocidal intentions is a lot easier to do when you are 10,000 miles away, and not the one getting shot at.

But I have to hand it to the Israelis. They were one part of the reason why I began to realise that everybody is racist, even though it is just oh, so bloody fashionable to claim you are not. I saw with my own eyes young Jews deploring white Anglo racism, while averting their eyes to Jewish racism towards Arabs.

So yeah. Everybody does it. The Muslims are religious racists who would make the KKK and the SS look like schoolboys in comparison. The Jews, who are the worlds leading victims of racism, are very sensitive to applying racism to their enemies. But practical military logic demands that they must. All the high falootin speeches about how racism is terrible, is rather moot when you have groups of people who for the most part are identifiably different from your own people, doing their best to exterminate your families.

It has happened to the Jews before, you know. More than a few times.
Posted by LEGO, Thursday, 3 June 2021 9:04:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes, Lego. With friends like that, the Jews don't need enemies. Self-hatred is not confined to Australians, clearly. Unfortunately, this sort is too stupid to realise that Palestinians would/will treat them the same way as they treat the Israelis prepared to protect themselves.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 3 June 2021 9:16:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"The international community has a responsibility to hold Israel accountable."

Normally this would be the right path.
- But unfortunately, it's not going to work.
Do you know who the international community are?

- They're all anti-semites, that is if they criticise Israel in any way -

The reality is that ANY non-Jew critical of Israels policies is immediately labelled racist, and their views dismissed.
Even you will surely be attacked as a 'self-hating Jew'

http://www.ajc.org/anti-zionism-as-a-form-of-antisemitism

"Over a decade ago, the European Monitoring Centre (EUMC) issued a Working Definition of Antisemitism that offered several examples of anti-Israel rhetoric that went beyond simple criticism of the country’s policies and crossed the line into demonization, such as declaring Israel a racist state, holding it to higher standards than are applied to any other nation, or drawing analogies between Israel and the Nazi regime...

AJC helped develop the Working Definition of Antisemitism. It has since been put to use by the U.S. State Department in its monitoring efforts; adopted by the governments of the UK, Austria, and Romania; endorsed by the 31-nation International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA); and recommended by a resolution of the European Parliament. Such use by governments and other international bodies—especially in the training of police, prosecutors, and judges—can clarify and give direction to the fight against antisemitism."

See what they're saying?
They lobby to make it law in foreign countries, that we can't say ANYTHING.
They even lobby the judges and prosecutors, on how these people in authority should punish their own citizens.

Go ahead and see for yourself what happens in ANY discussion on this topic, EVERY TIME:
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=21449

Arguments are pushed almost to the point of legal proceedings, with claims of 'anti-semitism' just for non-Jews to express an opinion, and that's even when we still have some freedom of speech in Australia.

Only Jewish people themselves are going to be able to fix this mess.
- People like yourself, and only in the countries that you yourselves are still able to speak freely.

Thanks for posting your article on the forum.
I hope you post more.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 3 June 2021 9:19:07 AM
The thing is, the people regularly attacking Israel want to wipe Israel off the face of the Earth. They hate Jews. They make no distinction between 'nice' Jews and 'bad' Jews. To all anti-Semites, a Jew is Jew, end of story. No matter where they live (the author doesn't say she actually lives in Israel, and is in any danger herself) Jews have been hated (quite irrationally) for as long as they have existed. To a Jew-hater Jordana Silverstein is just another Jew: forget the virtue signalling, Jordana.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 3 June 2021 10:11:41 AM
A great article Jordana.

So different from the usual rightwing, pro-Likud/Netanyahu, therefore pro Netanyahu's Trump diet

we at OLO get from longterm OLO author, Jewish-Australian with pseudonym "DAVID SINGER".

The imbalanced body-count of the total Israel-Gaza conflicts says it all.

That is from 2006 to this day:

185 Jewish Israelis killed

compared to

3,476 Arab Gazans killed.

SOURCE: right sidebar of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaza%E2%80%93Israel_conflict
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 3 June 2021 10:14:16 AM
Elie Wiesel wrote:

"There may be times when we are powerless to
prevent injustice, but there must never be
a time when we fail to protest."

So it is with the Israel-Palestinian conflict.
It is not anti-Semitic to criticise the policies
of the Israeli state. I congratulate the author
for having the courage to do so.

There seems to be a growing trend for some to
equate criticism of Israeli state policies with
anti-Semitism. Conflating anti-Zionism with
Jew hatred is a tragic mistake because it is
an attempt to silence critics and support for
Palestinian rights.

Of course challenging anti-Semitism is vital,
but Israel should be subject to the same
critiques as other nations. And this trend to
label criticism of Israel's policies as
anti-Semitism and "Jew hatred"
" chills political expression and any support for
Palestinian rights."
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 3 June 2021 10:42:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy