The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The AFL and NRL will dominate for a long time yet > Comments

The AFL and NRL will dominate for a long time yet : Comments

By Chris Lewis, published 18/5/2021

International rugby and domestic soccer lag well behind the entrenched franchises of League and Rules.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Yup! But there's room for all the others. This leads me to televised golf, which has to rate amoung the most boring TV eve visited on humanity, surely? Never could see the object of hitting a minute ball around an extremely large one or spoiling a good walk. Playing golf with a gun dog might work for me especially if said dog was the ultimate retriever?

Golf buggies could be all-terrain and fast so to beat said dog to the lay and the next shot!? Or chase it down where you lost the race, given that'd be the only ball in play. I'd call it, speed golf.

Get the lead out Monty and the ball outta the sand trap, he's nearly here! Woof, woof, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. OMG! Not that ball, Rover! The pain, the pain!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 18 May 2021 1:06:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
... AFL and NRL will dominate ...
Alan b,
Can't you provide better News, a war somewhere etc ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 18 May 2021 6:10:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No individual, as strange as it seems, I've yet to have an article published on OLO or the forum. So I don't choose the topic! If I did it list all of the irrevocable reasons to transition our economy to thorium and with it an industrial renaissance.

In a little over twelve months, there will be a working prototype pumping 500 MW into the Indonesian grid as we sit denying the current reality. And I'm fairly certain they won't privatise it so the new owners can price-gouge Joe public, all over the joint! As Mr Smirk counts his donated dollars/retirement fund?

Coal needs to be mined! So does thorium and the list of extremely valuable minerals that usually accompany it. If that makes the American industrial Giant Peabody file for bankruptcy?

How does that hurt us. Particularly if in the proposal we avoid the looming carbon tariffs that'd further harm the economy, presided over by the coal-fired head buriers we're currently saddled with and like yourself, obviously, a science-free zone who excels at just being a S.A/smirking airhead!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 18 May 2021 6:44:43 PM
Alan B,
Between my National Service & your Thorium we could get this Nation back into the top 10 again !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 19 May 2021 8:00:08 AM
Chris mate, bite the bullet & call it soccer so we know what the hell you are talking about.

It is a bit of a nuisance, with so much of this stuff clogging up the airwaves, leaving little space for anything interesting. Meanwhile a young Ozzie, Jack Miller has just won 2 MotoGP, the worlds top motorbike racing formula, effectively the world championship, in a row.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 19 May 2021 5:28:24 PM
The sport I was best at was Rugby Union, the one I most enjoy watching is football aka soccer. (I started watching Newcastle United in 1954-55 season.) The problem with the A-League is the very poor quality, having tv access to European leagues and competitions renders the A-League hard to watch. And VAR seriously detracts from the enjoyment of the game wherever it's used.
Posted by Faustino, Monday, 24 May 2021 2:23:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy