The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The consequences for Papua New Guinea and Australia of low covid vaccine acceptance in PNG > Comments

The consequences for Papua New Guinea and Australia of low covid vaccine acceptance in PNG : Comments

By Jeffrey Wall, published 18/5/2021

Sadly, the hope that mass vaccination will contain the pandemic in Papua New Guinea seems to me to be defying reality – and is in need of urgent and total revision!

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
If the PNG government encourages the use of HCQ and ivermectin to treat clinical cases, the death rate from the epidemic is likely to be pretty low irrespective of vaccine uptake.
The refusal to use these in some countries has caused many unnecessary deaths.
Posted by DavidL, Tuesday, 18 May 2021 11:45:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A couple of recently announced medical breakthrough treatments could alter this current situation.

These treatments include anticoagulant nasal spray that provides protective cover if used 3-times daily and an injection that kills as much as 99.99% of any covid virus load and in all variants in the tested rats. And without any negative side effects.

Human trials could begin as soon as the funding! Which promise to be successful? Just recalcitrant intransigent, tin-eared, disingenuous, mendacious pollies with the purse strings holding nations to ransom, yet again! Cooperation and sharing will get our borders safely open far sooner than its current, pollywaffle opposite.

N.B. Poison is a weapon is the choice of females and shite stirring effeminate men. And photoshopped pics can put such a person on the back of a bear or bucking bronco or in the nude walking through icy water. To create an illusion of a rugged mountain man living without fear?

Cybercriminals are even less manly or honest! And believe we cannot retaliate or hunt them down to eliminate with extreme prejudice
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 18 May 2021 12:40:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Our allies and fair dinkum friends will be first to benefit from these discoveries! PNG needs to decide if they're in that cohort as does an intellectual property thief that's a sabre-rattling China? Cozy up and see where that leads if you dare!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 18 May 2021 12:48:14 PM
Port Moresby has 54 murders per 100,000 citizens per annum.
Population is 365,000 which equals 197 murders per year.

So the risk of dying from Covid 19 in PNG is significantly less than the chances of being murdered in Port Moresby.

- Though I'm not necessarily saying that helping their health system isn't worthwhile -

I'm just trying to put it all into perspective.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 18 May 2021 9:01:24 PM
This only goes to show that the "bush kanakas" as the tribesmen of the majority of PNG were referred to, are a damn sight smarter than the majority of major city dwelling Australian population.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 19 May 2021 1:21:56 AM
Interestingly perhaps I was seeing my doctor yesterday for a final check of my recent carpal tunnel operation. He is one that is giving "the jab" around here, & he asked me if I wanted one.

When I declined he said, "Well I'm not going to try to talk you into it, but I do think you should have your usual flew shot, that really is important".

Just one doctors opinion I suppose!
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 19 May 2021 1:31:29 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy