The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Cancel Culture in the time of Covid-19 > Comments

Cancel Culture in the time of Covid-19 : Comments

By Tony Abbott, published 16/4/2021

Not only will the Australia that emerges from the pandemic have more debt, higher unemployment and bigger, more-intrusive government; it’s likely to be more lost about what holds us together.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Yes. And it will have been all the fault of our useless politicians and the disinterested Australians who don't demand enough from them. As for the "things we value", freedom of speech is one of them, and a certain Tony Abbott chickened out - let us down very badly - on sec. 18C, after 'promising' to get rid of it.

The opinions of past politicians who didn't cut the mustard when they could have done something worthwhile are of no use to anyone.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 16 April 2021 9:14:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thank you Tony Abbott for this excellent post. And thank you for all you did as PM, including cancelling the carbon tax and the awards to the Duke of Edinburgh.

You were one of our best PMs in my lifetime, along with Sir Robert Menzies, Bob Hawke, John Howard and Scott Morrison.

Please keep contributing until you are 100 - i.e. 2 months older then the Duke of Edinburgh when he died!
Posted by Peter Lang, Friday, 16 April 2021 9:37:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Peter Lang,

No the clown did not cancel the Duke's awards at all and the legacy he left this country was laying down the pathway for lowering company taxes to look after donors, resulting in the more than doubling this nation's debt levels without the excuse of a GFC or the yet to occur pandemic.

He and Hockey were utter and abject failures and here you are chirping about the carbon tax and the knighthood.

Mr “I will sell my arse” to gain power Abbott was a stain on our democracy and if reading the odd piece on OLO is the price to pay for him never getting near any kind of power then I will wear it.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 16 April 2021 10:19:38 AM
The mouth from the south actually proves he can't even read properly, but can rush into print making the usual fool of himself here.

Well done.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 16 April 2021 11:22:17 AM
For somebody who prides himself on mixing it with poor whites in the RFS, he has excelled himself and his image by doing just that.

But I’ll point out one floor in the attempt. Poverty and destitution are not the preserve of Aboriginals.
If it were. Destitute whites would have no need to wrongly tick boxes asking the question: Are you Aboriginal or Torris Straight Islander, in order to gain the same advantages as their poor Aboriginal neighbours.

No death in custody is joyful for anybody, black or white. Shame this message is mute among the elite agitators.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 16 April 2021 1:44:51 PM
Steele Redux

Your bigotry, phobia and hate speech are completely unacceptable.
Posted by Cumberland, Saturday, 17 April 2021 11:13:31 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy