The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Crown remains an important regional link for Australia > Comments

The Crown remains an important regional link for Australia : Comments

By Jeffrey Wall, published 14/4/2021

Australia, Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands have a common link via the Crown. We are not just members of the Commonwealth, the Queen is our head of state.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I suspect the republican movement will jump out of the woodwork when the Queen is no longer able to officiate, surely in the next decade. My fear is that we will have an expensive president who is able to circumvent Parliament with all sorts of fancy ideas. If so I think the Auditor General must verify that the president costs less than the GG. That covers mansions, salary, hangers-on, limousines etc.
Posted by Taswegian, Wednesday, 14 April 2021 10:13:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Taswegian

One thing for sure, they will do what they like and manipulate the underlings into voting for it. Let’s keep everything Democratic, (not).

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 14 April 2021 10:57:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The left will never get it right !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 14 April 2021 1:39:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy