The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > When Prince Philip became a monument > Comments

When Prince Philip became a monument : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 12/4/2021

A man such as the Duke of Edinburgh operated in a different dimension, distanced from revolutionary tremor and social evolution, even as the country he presided over with Queen Elizabeth II changed.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Almost up to Planta's standard Binoy :)

Philip's last words to me 2 days ago were:

"Dear Plantagenet Pete

You being a true royal must carry my good name forever. All of my jokes are funny.

Even OLO's Commoners and ex-Convict Spear Chuckers should appreciate Royal Humour.

So it falls to you, Brave King Pete to inflict my best jokes on unworthy OLOers forever.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

[That was Phil's last word]

HENCE THE FOLLOWING PHILIP JOKES ARE FOR YOU OLO COMMONERS

“You are a woman, aren’t you?” – in Kenya in 1984, after accepting a small gift from a lean, muscular, African woman.

“It looks as if it was put in by an Indian” – pointing at an old-fashioned fusebox in a factory near Edinburgh in 1999.

“If you stay here much longer, you’ll all be slitty-eyed” – to British students in China, during the 1986 state visit.

“Your country is one of the most notorious centres of trading in endangered species in the world” – in Thailand in 1991, after accepting a conservation award.

“What do you gargle with – pebbles?” – speaking to singer Tom Jones after the 1969 Royal Variety Performance.

“I declare this thing open, whatever it is” – on a visit to Canada in 1969.

“If it has got four legs and it is not a chair, if it has got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it” – at a 1986 World Wildlife Fund meeting.

“It looks like a tart’s bedroom” – on seeing plans for Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson’s house at Sunninghill Park in 1988.

“Yak, yak, yak; come on, get a move on” – shouted from the deck of the Royal Yacht Britannia in Belize in 1994 to the Queen, who was chatting to her hosts on the quayside.
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 12 April 2021 8:30:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sounds like he was pretty normal then, eh P......
Posted by ateday, Monday, 12 April 2021 10:36:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There are two ways to look at this topic I feel:

Here is a link to help you with the most obvious way, with the musical note:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbvS6qP7rvM

The second way is the Literary view that honours the fairy tale:

Sleeping Beauty:
#..The Queen discovers her husband infidelities, and orders his his babies to be cooked and fed to him...#

Probably enough to send any royal mad!

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 12 April 2021 9:08:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy