The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > All you need is love? > Comments

All you need is love? : Comments

By Graham Young, published 7/4/2021

Nowadays the worst crimes you can commit appear to be 'hate' crimes, a failure to be empathetic, or affirmative, enough to a member of a 'marginalised' group.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Dear Banjo,

Thank You for giving us more food for thought.

What you've posted would never have occurred
to me. Thank You.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 8 April 2021 8:43:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Banjo Paterson has had a crack at explaining some of the inconsistencies of the Trinitarian approach.

I am fortunate to be somewhat free of the doctrinal offerings from the different strands of the devotionalists. This leaves me with the liberty to appreciate the literary merit of the work, and having read much of it derive an encompassing narrative that works for me.

The approach of a number of Rabbis I have warmed to is that the relationship between God and his chosen people is like a marriage. You don't get to choose who you fall in love with and the adjustments that are required from both parties are essential to maintaining that marriage. Many parts of the Bible provide a tale of a God seeking to understand what the human condition entails and humans seeking to understand the perspective of their God.

Both parties repeatedly challenge each other to do better and some of the most powerful parts of the Bible are when challenging circumstances elicit behavioural change just as that which occurs in earthly relationships.

The quick upshot is I approach the crucifixion as both a redemption by God for the trauma he so often imposed on his people such as Abraham (in relationship terms it could certainly have been judged abusive early on), and a seeking by him to both experience that trauma and understand them more fully. This is of course a fully literary framing of the work but it renders it complete and quite formative to me.

And yes I do enjoy the fruits of being free thinker.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 8 April 2021 10:30:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And this is why I love the forum!
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 8 April 2021 10:51:21 AM
Reading this article makes me so grateful to God that I was not born a Christian.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 9 April 2021 9:10:10 AM
Dear Yuyutsu,

Aw come on mate. I get that there is a sense that both Islam and Christianity are the bastard children of the Jewish faith, and in some ways death cults to boot. But they are also extraordinary expressions of humanity's religious creativity and should be celebrated as such.

The article not withstanding I feel human empathy exudes from the best of them all, but the Jewish faith might be deemed the most celebratory of not being the 'other'.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 9 April 2021 10:32:19 AM

All you need is love . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNgVdj4M4KM&ab_channel=LolosP

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Saturday, 10 April 2021 12:29:28 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy