The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A personal tribute to Grand Chief Rt Hon Sir Michael Somare the founding father of Papua New Guinea > Comments

A personal tribute to Grand Chief Rt Hon Sir Michael Somare the founding father of Papua New Guinea : Comments

By Jeffrey Wall, published 26/2/2021

While I never worked for him in his office as Prime Minister I did form a good association with him over the years since I first went to PNG in 1978.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
A good man who would never have sold his soul/the country to China for a proverbial forty pieces of silver.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 27 February 2021 8:25:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes, Michael Somare was certainly a Grand Chief for the PNG people. Unfortunaly too few of Sir Michael's calibre come along to serve fledgling nations like PNG. RIP Michael Somare.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 27 February 2021 9:30:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Al,
It’s thirty pieces of silver.

Or are you accounting for inflation over two thousand years?

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Saturday, 27 February 2021 10:58:59 AM
A true champion. Vale, Sir Michael.
Posted by Michael T, Monday, 1 March 2021 11:25:13 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy