The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Reclaiming Eden > Comments

Reclaiming Eden : Comments

By Peter McMahon, published 22/2/2021

There are many cultural narratives that tell of a golden age when humans lived in peace and harmony but which would eventually give way to times of strife and suffering.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
On the other, today's thread, carn-free should read, carbon-free.

Free on Microsoft, Grammarly is so helpful!

I wouldn't turn the word carbon into carn? Would my, owned for life, Microsoft Word?

Read between the lines!

Sorry, run out of allowed comments on the other thread! Apologies!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 22 February 2021 8:11:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Am putting this on this thread as well.
Sad news, we lost Joe ( Loudmouth) last Friday. Very unexpected, a cardiac aneurysm.
I’ve only just been informed.
Rest In Peace my friend, may your new existence bring you someone to debate with.
Posted by Big Nana, Monday, 22 February 2021 11:03:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sad for us. We lost a great wise and balanced commentator.

As for Joe himself, he was blessed with a long life and a quick death, now he is in a better world.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 23 February 2021 8:16:06 AM
Eden is a myth, always has been, always will be.

I've lived in a couple of prospects, but they were far from Eden. Feni Islands. The main island is volcanic with grow anything soil. About 40 Sq Kilometers, it has a small coco plantation & 4 villages. The fish near catch themselves, it grows all the fruit & vegetables you could eat, & most villagers keep a pig or two.

There are a dozen perfect sites for new villages, but they squabble over the best sites in the 2 biggest villages. The plantation owner established a small beef herd, but the villagers prefer tinned corn beef to the fresh stuff. It could be heaven, but is far from it.

Nugerria Atoll, 63 islands with a lagoon 30 miles X 10 miles. The fish do catch themselves in coral traps. Not much but coconuts, taro & sweet potato grows with a 30 ton a month copra plantation the copra boat comes once a month bringing every thing anyone wants.

The owner died leaving the lot to the locals. No one will work the plantation, so the villages produce only small quantities individually. The copra boat comes erratically, about annually, so no trade goods. No fuel for the power house so no lights, & no 2 way radio, so no emergency medical help. The air strip has disappeared under scrub.

They have a great 24Ft diesel powered fishing dory, given to them by some Taiwanese fishermen, but no one will buy fuel for it. The women paddle the couple of miles to the vegetable garden island daily.

It could be an Eden, but in my experience Eden carries the seeds of it's own destruction, very easily sewn.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 23 February 2021 1:53:38 PM
nature is neither always peaceful or conflictual for most species.

And human history would validate this.

Commonsense really.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Wednesday, 24 February 2021 11:12:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy