The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Bob Brown legal challenge shines a light on decades of environmental misinformation > Comments

Bob Brown legal challenge shines a light on decades of environmental misinformation : Comments

By Mark Poynter, published 16/2/2021

Following the court's decision, Brown indicated that his Foundation's activists will continue protesting in the forests while its lawyers will appeal the decision in the High Court.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
You"re not sure ttbn! And around a thousand miles off the mark! Stand by my comments and the historical evidence! None of which need trouble you!? As it's wasted on you! And your tiny, tired, old metamorphosised moribund brain!?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 16 February 2021 5:25:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Captain Cook MUST have noticed that the natives were farmers and producers.
ttbn,
I'd like to suggest to anyone whose mindset is along those lines, to go & pick up a copy of
"BY BLOOD AND FIELD".
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 16 February 2021 6:40:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
But you don't have any "historical evidence" you raving old crackpot. All you can manage is insults if anyone questions you.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 16 February 2021 6:46:27 PM
Dearest Al

“Love me or hate me, both are in my favor… If you love me, I'll always be in your heart… If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind”
WS.

Individual.

Can’t find a trace of your quoted (assumed) book, re your post.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 16 February 2021 7:28:35 PM
diver dan,
Author Alfred Searcy, published 1912.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 16 February 2021 10:09:57 PM
diver dan,
Forgot to add that the book puts a big dent in the popular academically pushed figment of harmonic relations between the Indigenous in Northern Australia & the Macassans.
I recall being told that as late as the mid 1970's indigenous women up there still got nervous at the mention of the Macassans.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 16 February 2021 10:18:19 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy