The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Soft Power Review cancellation impact for Australia > Comments

Soft Power Review cancellation impact for Australia : Comments

By Ordan Andreevski, published 11/2/2021

Soft power was defined in the document as the ability to influence the behaviour and thinking of others through the power of attraction and ideas.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
A little too much faith in academics that the governments is said to be ignoring, I think. But the current Foreign Minister would have to be the most unimpressive yet - and that’s putting it kindly.

Perhaps the author should offer himself to the Government as an advisor; although there is nothing in his brief bio to suggest that he would know any more than I do.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 11 February 2021 11:10:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes, we need soft power. And with that soft power, velvet glove? we also need to carry a big stick!

For mine, that means we need some nuclear-powered nuclear-armed submarines! We also need MSR thorium deployed as SMR's, Given how vulnerable the current grid is, with (easiest target) transmission lines crisscrossing the nation.

We also need to be a nation that makes everything we need! And only doable if we embrace cheaper than coal energy, i.e., MSR thorium!

See the vids I've posted on FB. Or if not doable, post an email address, And I'll send videoed experts advising all the reasons and rebutting most of the (ignorant green) fearmongering BS around nuclear!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 11 February 2021 11:19:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy