The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Ode to Margaret > Comments

Ode to Margaret : Comments

By Paul Collits, published 8/2/2021

The woke trolls are on a roll. They come in waves, for Christians who publicly proclaim their beliefs and defend Christian teachings.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
SR,

You are being hugely juvenile. Most of the vitriol directed at IF and MC are exceedingly poisonous and far more toxic than posting a bible quote that contains one line that is anti-gay on a personal Twitter feed.

Secondly, the notion that a gay person trawling through a Christian's Twitter feed finds something mildly offence has a meltdown and tops himself is the drivel is simply too stupid for words.

Finally, the concept that left whingers are peddling that all non-heterosexual people are so fragile and delicate that they can't survive in the real world without being wrapped in cotton wool is demeaning condescending, and insulting beyond anything that Folau or Court espouse.
Posted by shadowminister, Wednesday, 10 February 2021 8:45:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not being a believer, I don't really give a toss if MC or IF express their opinions. They should be as free to do so as me or Paul or SR.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Wednesday, 10 February 2021 9:29:18 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu,

See the "Change or Suppression (Conversion) Practices Prohibition Bill 2020"

http://content.legislation.vic.gov.au/sites/default/files/2020-12/591143bab1.pdf

In particular Section 5 clause 3b.

I'm not from the People's Republic of Victoria so I don't know how well the court stenographers (aka the media) have done in suppressing the story, but I have seen a few commentaries on it around.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 10 February 2021 11:21:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If religion wins you a gong, then these people deserve an 'Academy Award'. I'm sure these 'Usual Suspects' post on OLO, take your pick, there's plenty of them. Seth Andrews calls them out over Trump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiXeK7mz1yk&ab_channel=TheThinkingAtheist
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 10 February 2021 4:24:45 PM
Dear Mhaze,

I am shocked!

Not that I particularly care or side with any sexual/gender "identity": identifying oneself with a gender or a sexual orientation is idiotic because our true identity has nothing to do with our bodies and minds or their particular proclivities, yet I am very concerned about this precedence of legislation against religion and where it could take us next.

Such things happen in China - I didn't think this could ever happen in Australia. It is probably also unconstitutional.

That said, I don't believe that any Victorian could be convicted for praying - this is because even if the prayer is effective, the final say is still the deity's, which is supposed to be sovereign almighty, not the worshiper's robot. Well let the court try to charge and summon the deity...
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 11 February 2021 1:20:35 AM
Yuyutsu,

"That said, I don't believe that any Victorian could be convicted for praying "

Back in the early 2000's two Victorian pastors were accused and convicted of vilifying Mohomedians by reading selectively from the Quran. Religious discrimination legislation was used for the purpose. Even though they were speaking the truth (ie accurately quoting) it was determined that 'truth' wasn't a defence since they spoke with the aim of making fun of Islam - even though there were no mohomadians in the audience.
When the religious discrimination laws were passed it was said they would never be used to stop people making factual statements. But it was.

Recently a Catholic priest was convicted and gaoled for sex abuse based on the claims of one, and only one, anonymous claimant. It took a unanimous ruling from the High Court to right the wrongs perpetrated by the combined efforts of the Victorian Bar, the Victorian media and the Victorian police.

These laws don't get passed on a whim. If they didn't mean to criminalise this type of prayer they wouldn't have it in the legislation. Given the obvious anti-Christian and particularly anti-Catholic bent of the Victorian Police and government, the law will be used. Its only a matter of time.

First they came for the....
Posted by mhaze, Thursday, 11 February 2021 7:05:08 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy