The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > SCOTUS abandons Congress and the American people > Comments

SCOTUS abandons Congress and the American people : Comments

By David Singer, published 7/1/2021

The US Supreme Court seems unwilling to enforce the law as established in Bush v Gore.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
David. In order for a court to act it needs credible evidence! In the sixty lawsuits presented some in republican states, before Republican appointees and before the Supreme court. All dismissed for lack of credible evidence!

What is it you an alleged lawyer doesn't understand about the rules of evidence!? Evidence, David, E-V-I-D-E-N-C-E!

One cannot as you seem to want to, to replace credible evidence, with quite blatant BS and shovelled by the shipload!?
Without bias, Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 7 January 2021 10:41:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks, Alan :)
Posted by loudmouth2, Thursday, 7 January 2021 11:12:54 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There is evidence, but the American courts appear to be as corrupt as American politicians, their media, and many of their voters.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 7 January 2021 11:54:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Come off it, Ttbn, you've probably voted in elections, and maybe been a scrutineer: you know, surely, that there are many people checking votes in every election, counting and re-counting votes, in pairs and multiples, representatives of all political parties, so many people peering over the shoulders of every counting official, piles of votes re-counted and re-re-counted. That people's ID can be checked, etc.

If you have evidence, rather than just 'true and sincere belief', then present it.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Thursday, 7 January 2021 12:13:34 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Onya Alan B.

David has thrown his finely honed legal brain out the window.

He believes Trump - so lack of Evidence doesn't count.

David is better placed than American Courts to consider American matters - it seems.

Here's the Political Motivation for David's faux-Legal arguments:

From Barak Ravid, author of "from Tel Aviv". on 7 Jan 2021:

http://www.axios.com/netanyahu-biden-iran-deal-susan-rice-john-kerry-f0a195e5-96d8-4125-ba58-147c386f29f7.html

"Why it matters: The Biden and Netanyahu administrations are on course for an early clash over the Iran nuclear deal. Several of Netanyahu’s aides at the Israeli National Security Council have been grumbling about the fact that Biden will be surrounded by "Obama people"..."
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 7 January 2021 1:04:26 PM
David,
Firstly, have you actually read the election laws of those states yet? As I pointed out in an earlier thread, you've not provided any evidence that there has been any breach of those laws.

Secondly, whether or not a breach of electoral law occurred, support for declaring millions of votes invalid wold be a gross abandonment of the American people. They acted in accordance with what they were told the law was, therefore if the allegations of a breach are true, those votes are still legally valid by estoppel.

Thirdly, I notice you're citing a Bush v Gore judgement. Have you forgotten that Bush stole that election? He got fewer votes in Florida than Gore did, but because they weren't properly counted, Florida's EC votes went to Bush, making him president. Do you understand why they'd be wary of replicating that mistake?
Posted by Aidan, Thursday, 7 January 2021 1:12:53 PM
Joe,

Yes. But never in America, where it just isn't like it is here. And I have no obligation to present little old you with evidence that you wouldn't believe anyway. You enjoy disagreeing too much.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 7 January 2021 2:55:03 PM
Ttbn,

So, without presenting any evidence, you've demonstrated nothing ? You've merely shot your mouth off ?

It's an implicit rule of law and logic that, if you present no evidence, you have no evidence.

You're happy with that ?

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Thursday, 7 January 2021 3:31:09 PM
Fear not Joe (re Trump "Truth" ttbn)

ttbn is well know for his principled Ignorance and Lack of Evidence.

Even in the General Threads ttbn starts he doesn't do OLO commenters the Courtesy of providing links.

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 7 January 2021 3:42:15 PM
AFR- Death toll rises to 4 in violent demonstrations
amid calls for Trump's removal.

The joint session of Congress has reconvened.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 7 January 2021 3:53:31 PM
I have seen clear video of votes being put through voting machines again and again. Other video of them pulling out hidden boxes of votes from under tables after everyone was ordered out. Windows boarded up so the vote count could not be seen and scrutineers moved far away from the actual counting. I saw the videos but there is no evidence?
Posted by JBowyer, Thursday, 7 January 2021 8:08:55 PM
Jim,

And none of that was staged ? Do you really think that electoral officials are that stupid ? Christ, how naive can you get ?

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Thursday, 7 January 2021 8:21:38 PM
Staged? How, why? The names of the three miscreants was given and no MSM did any digging but they were of course Democrats.
You are being a complete COAT Joe, you have lost your reason with DJT, what will you do now he is going?
Posted by JBowyer, Thursday, 7 January 2021 9:15:06 PM
GOOD NEWS

1. Today's final vote count electing an African-American and Jewish-American Senator

to represent Georgia, gives Democrats control of the Senate.

2. "Congress Certifies Joe Biden’s Election Win Following Day of Turmoil" on 7 Jan 2021

see http://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-allies-in-congress-challenge-bidens-election-win-11609929001

"Congress formally certified President-elect Joe Biden’s Electoral College victory...PENCE...read out the tally of the 538 votes from the 50 states and the District of Columbia, cementing Mr. Biden’s win with 306 electoral votes to President Trump’s 232.

AND

3. "TRUMP issued a statement committing to an orderly transition of power to Mr. Biden on Jan. 20."

again at http://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-allies-in-congress-challenge-bidens-election-win-11609929001

Point 3. is especially good news.

Night Night
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 7 January 2021 10:51:44 PM
JBowyer,
> The names of the three miscreants was given and no MSM did any digging
Really? What were their names?
Posted by Aidan, Friday, 8 January 2021 2:04:18 AM
Aidan, Ruby Freeman, her daughter who was also her supervisor and another unnamed, all readily available, as you know. BLM and Antifa were always peacefully protesting whilst killing people but Trump supporters are now "Rioters"? The MSM is solidly against Trump like you but can do something about it whereas you are as powerless as me. You are a really twisted individual!
Posted by JBowyer, Friday, 8 January 2021 5:57:59 AM
JBowyer,
So the names of all three were given, yet you've supplied only one name and admitted one is unnamed. Not a logically consistent start.

Of course the MSM did a bit of digging - they discovered that the Ruby Freeman claims were based on an Instagram hoax. See (for example) http://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ruby-freeman-arrested-by-fbi/

Peaceful protesters are peaceful protesters and rioters are rioters. Nobody can be both simultaneously but (human nature being what it is) some of the former can turn into the latter when they feel they're under threat.

Those smashing windows were rioters, not peaceful protestors.
Those smashing TV cameras were rioters, not peaceful protestors.
All the evidence I've seen so far indicates they were trump supporters.
Posted by Aidan, Friday, 8 January 2021 10:28:07 AM
Aiden the MSM did a whole lot of burying just as with Hunter Biden's lap top showing paedophilic and drug taking activities. Same with this story supposedly written but never seen.
BLM and ANTIFA were both burning, looting and murdering with the connivance of Democratic State authorities for most of 2020 on tv every week. This was organised, condoned and protected and there are suspicions that ANTIFA were in the White house riot but lets see what the FBI turns up? My tip is as much as they have ever found on their political opponents.
Never mind next time the President knows to gut all these supposed law enforcement and security bodies.
You probably think VicPol is investigating Labour wrong doing too?
Posted by JBowyer, Friday, 8 January 2021 6:56:19 PM
# Plantagenet

Your following character assassination of myself - which has nothing to do with the message delivered in my article - is despicable and cannot be left unanswered.

“David has thrown his finely honed legal brain out the window.

He believes Trump - so lack of Evidence doesn't count.

David is better placed than American Courts to consider American matters - it seems.”

My “finely honed legal brain” was pointing out two inescapable facts:
1. that there were two petitions filed in the Supreme Court with requests their hearing be expedited and judgements be delivered before 6 January - to neither of which Petitions the Supreme Court had responded.

2. That such failure by the Supreme Court to respond would abandon Congress and the American people to settle their election differences on 6 January without the benefit of a ruling by the Supreme Court as to whether only State legislatures could change voting rules and procedures under the US Constitution.

The failure of the Supreme Court to so act led to the incredibly disturbing and violent scenes on 6 January that can never be justified or condoned - no matter how great the frustration or feeling of aggrievement.

The Court will probably now say that the two Petitions are moot because the election has been decided.

If that was the Court’s strategy - it has come at a terrible cost to the rule of law and the expectation that the law is democracy’s answer to settling disputes between people with claimed grievances.

When SCOTUS was most needed - it went missing in action.

Spend your time addressing this message Plantagenet rather than shooting the messenger who has delivered it to you.
Posted by david singer, Saturday, 9 January 2021 6:47:23 AM
To David Singer- Thanks for your article.

I can't claim to have an in depth knowledge of issues here but I believe I have am a stakeholder- though Australian issues have more relevance.

Being a lawyer you have a vested interest in the rule of law. At some stage the rule of law will break down if it is no longer seen as serving the interest of "the people". Then there will be chaos- but sometimes a period of relative chaos is required for a reset- hopefully no one dies.

For the globalists it's not a matter of truth it's a matter of winning of power- there are many globalist capitalists on the side of BLM/ antifa/ etc.

In war truth no longer matters- any personal truth you raised will be destroyed by the enemy- and will advertise your location- hurt you- all you can do is pick a side and pray that your side wins- slowly win hearts and minds.

This ideological war reminds me of the English Civil War- Father against Son. Fragile shifting alliances, fear.

You've raised two good points- to be fair to SCOTUS they need to be careful of questioning state juresdiction without a sufficiently good reason. Over time perhaps we will have a better view of this emerging situation. Or maybe a powerful few will bury it so deep we never find the truth.

Courts avoid making decisions to avoid risk and leave parties to fight beyond what is reasonable- the court wants to see both parties losing something- part of "justice being seen to be done".

It almost seems that the globalists on the left and right have executed a coup d'état of the US- SCOTUS perhaps realised that this is the new reality- and that they can't really do anything about it- perhaps the legal community itself has been subverted by special interests- and become divided from the interests of the US people/ declaration.

The giant US- brought down by a hundred foreign attacks- a thousand flee bites- within/ without- it's British American people becoming prisoners of glass.

God help America!
Posted by Canem Malum, Saturday, 9 January 2021 10:28:09 AM
I regret having read David Singer's article.
Posted by Ken Fabian, Saturday, 9 January 2021 9:28:39 PM
David Singer,
Firstly, are you seriously claiming the people would have acted differently if the SCOTUS had heard the cases?

Secondly, I see you've still failed to answer my earlier question: have you any actual evidence the states weren't complying with their electoral legislation?

Thirdly, if indeed the states have breached their own electoral legislation, how can you fail to recognise that justice demands the votes be valid by estoppel?

JBowyer,
I see you're engaging in a bit of whataboutery! You seem to have failed to notice the simplest explanation for their lack of interest in the Hunter Biden Laptop from the media and indeed the FBI: it was a fake!

Are there genuine suspicions that Antifa were in the White House? Or is just believers of Trump's lies blindly assuming Trump supporters don't do that sort of thing so it must be Antifa despite these actions running contrary to Antifa's usual MO?

As for VicPol, I haven't a clue what they're doing. Living west of the border I don't take much of an interest.
Posted by Aidan, Sunday, 10 January 2021 1:08:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy