The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Primordiality of global solidarity > Comments

Primordiality of global solidarity : Comments

By Ioan Voicu, published 24/12/2020

The EU intends to play its part in facilitating the equitable distribution of vaccines through donations of part of the doses purchased by its member states.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Ya, Ya. But first ve must reserve around 500,000 dozes for ze privileged elite, board directors and gompany ZEO's Just geep it under your hat, zeres a goot vellow.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 24 December 2020 11:29:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Alan B.,

The scuttlebutt I have is not to get the vaccine until 6 months after it has been rolled out because the authorities cannot say what the long term effects will be.

So I'm all for the elite being first in line. Especially Soot Morrison and his family. If things go wrong then better them than me.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 24 December 2020 11:47:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Alan I just don't know how you handle the weight of that enormous chip you have permanently on your shoulder.

Mr O we finally agree on something. The last thing any sensible person would want to do is be a guinea pig for this vaccine, with it's hugely truncated development & testing program.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 24 December 2020 1:22:45 PM
Hasbeen,

I'm not thinking about it.

I'm paying attention to the scuttlebutt.

Let's see if Soot and his family get it immediately it is rolled out or if they do what I'm going to do and wait and see if its safe without long term side effects.

I'm putting my money down that they will wait and see too.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 24 December 2020 1:50:00 PM
No chip, Hasbeen. Just looking at the available evidence with clear eyes, not your typical self-deluded (all about you) froth and bubble fantasies/whimsical fancies!?

Just as a car with a cracked head is going to fail, so also a human with a similar condition, regardless of cause! A strange burning smell coming from previously unused cerebral circuits, e.g?

You'll have a nice day now, y'hear.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 25 December 2020 12:28:18 PM
Mr O. As someone with SFA to lose, happy enough to be a Guinea Pig this time around for the rest of my fellow Australians And on multiple occasions. As Hasbeen and co cower in their corner/bubble? It's a case of been there done that!

A very merry Christmas, lots of good cheer and a bright, happy, prosperous and healthy new year to all our OLO family. Even the mad uncles.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 25 December 2020 12:38:42 PM
May I remind the author that states are not sentient beings!

I applaud individuals who sacrifice their precious vaccines and other life and health essentials for others, how more so to strangers and my hat off to those who donate a kidney.

Heaven and earth are supported by the principle of sacrifice - but only a conscious being can sacrifice, which states are not. States cannot feel, neither pain nor pleasure and that which cannot feel cannot be compassionate.

Only the living have a heart. States have only interests, possibly long-term calculations of benefit where true sacrifice is replaced with cunning.

As such, the more the states control behaviour and vital resources, even if they share them around, the less opportunity for ordinary individuals to open their hearts and exercise compassion. Like any muscle, when the faculty of compassion is not used, it atrophies, then in a vicious cycle, governments say: "people are not compassionate, only we can do it", which weakens ordinary people and furthers governments' own unsatiated need for control.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 29 December 2020 9:55:57 AM
Yup Yuyustu. And because the concept of service in high office in particular! Has been replaced with self-serving control freak privilege and entitlement!

This then is the lead by example we are exposed to on a daily basis along with the denials of those who agree with this selfish me-me individualism!

And when it all goes pear-shaped, start whining about how bad it is for them! That nobody is stepping up to help? Why should they? They've learned the me-me lesson far too well!?

Not for nothing did the master say, so as you sow, so also shall you reap.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 29 December 2020 10:55:29 AM
The article "Primordiality of Global SolidariTy " by Ioan Voicu is most welcome.It addresses the important issue of solidarity while fighting with "the invisible enemy Covid 19".
In this regard ,it is useful to mention the very important question of adopting an "International treaty on pandemics".
This would respond specifically to the recent United Nations resolution on Global health and f0reign policy "which emphasisesthe public awarness of importance of solidarity.
The adoption of such a treaty would represent an important contribution to the complex process of "universalization of the right of health" and for further action in strengthening the international solidarity against Covid 19 and future pandemics.
The author deserves warm congratulations for writting this article .
Ion
Posted by ion, Wednesday, 30 December 2020 4:39:00 AM
Excellent article by Dr. Ioan Voicu addressing the importance of global solidarity in the process of fighting the current COVID-19 epidemic. Eradicating the virus requires concerted effort and international coordination - the alternative go-at-it-alone option is not a solution for a virus that is rapidly proliferating; pockets of solutions will be merely a game of whack a mole with no end in sight to the pandemic. It is paramount that countries coordinate to address the pandemic, but also to provide the resources necessary to strengthen the global health system under the leadership of the UN (WHO).
Posted by Dana Lascu, Saturday, 2 January 2021 8:32:33 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy