The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Brexit, billionaires and the little people > Comments

Brexit, billionaires and the little people : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 21/12/2020

Capitalism and patriotism do not share the same stable. When those in the business of accumulating profits suggest a love for flag and country, be wary.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Brexit? Not our problem; but the opening paragraph sums up beautifully Australia's horrible relationship with China.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 21 December 2020 8:35:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm not entirely sure, but I think it may have been Churchill who said, patriotism is the last refuge of scoundrels? That said, agree we should be wary of flag hugging billionaires. Given their claimed love of country and the flag, may well be, part of their complete insincerity? That what they love, in too many instances, is money and power, almost exclusively?

And are not above using either or both to obtain personally positive outcomes? Never seem to be held to account for proven criminal acts you and I would do serious time for?

It's time these folk and their quisling pollies were permanently removed from the scene!

And wealth redistributed via cooperative capitalism we can all share in/obtain benefit from. And may well see them seriously better off, for the change/reinstalled sanity?

Understand just these few things. Co-ops (cooperative capitalism) were the only private enterprise, free market, business model, that survived the Great Depression, largely intact.

That where co-ops are in play, the profits they earn/create stay mostly in the local economy where the usual, economic flow on factors, make a dollar do the work of seven or more!

And isn't that the very, fair share, egalitarian paradigm we need to make the (turbocharged on steroids) recovery as short term as is doable and is fair and equitable as can be done!?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 21 December 2020 11:27:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't see how decent people can become filthy rich !
Same goes for those high ranking bureaucrats who become rather wealthy !
Posted by individual, Monday, 21 December 2020 7:56:18 PM
Is it only me or have others noticed the resemblance between Boris Johnson and Benny Hill's 'Fred Scuttle'?

It's uncanny: the look, the mannerisms, the speech. They're like peas in a pod.

Here's Boris (or Fred ..... I'm not too sure - they're just so alike) pushing Brexit to the upper limits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP1NvZyGGx0
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 22 December 2020 7:21:37 AM
Mr Opinion,
What is it with you educated beyond comprehension types that anything to do with discipline & common sense is instantly maligned ? Did it ever cross your out-of-storage space mind that you could be wrong ?
Posted by individual, Monday, 28 December 2020 8:37:42 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy