The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Our 30th Prime Minister > Comments

Our 30th Prime Minister : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 16/12/2020

Our 30th Prime Minister is bowling along quite successfully after both a surprising promotion to the Liberal leadership and an even more surprising election victory two and a half years ago.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
VK3AUU,
No, the best that can be said about him is that he's a much much much much much better leader than that traitor Abbott (who let his hatred of the ABC stop us from broadcasting into China, and who did immense damage to the economy in pursuit of short term budgetary targets that brought us no advantage whatsoever).
Posted by Aidan, Wednesday, 16 December 2020 5:21:21 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Go Scomo! My kinda leader. May your 2020 Christmas in Hawaii be unencumbered with burning desires back home.

The lack of polarisation in Australia makes us zer superior to the US of A.

Natürlich! My only beef with Don's epistle is where Don claims Scomo "adheres much more closely to the Old Testament than he does to the GOEBBELS."

By which Don means http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Goebbels

Yes, I vouchsafe, Scomo was in advertising and Goebbels was in propaganda, but zie similarity zer ge-endeth, I dink.

Zis Goebbels was not funny! http://youtu.be/7xnNhzgcWTk?t=4m

Za Var was not funny!
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 16 December 2020 8:14:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think the Morrison govt is doing a good job.

For those who want a harder rightist govt, it aint going to happen.

Any understanding of politics tells you why; public concern about global warming, especially in most important NSW and Victoria, makes any success minded govt wary of rocking the boat as the more right wing are inclined wish to.

Same is true of a decent welfare system.

So when the righters have a go at the Coalition leaders, you are really having a go at the public which forces a party's hand, at least one in the business of winning and implementing pragmatic change.

Sorry guys
Posted by Chris Lewis, Thursday, 17 December 2020 9:15:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Very true Chris Lewis

OLO is "graced" with an inordinate number of rightwingers who look fondly at how Trump has traumatised and polarised the US further towards the right.

Most Americans and Australians, by their vote, don't want the right.

Yours is an important point that Scomo remains moderated by the good sense of the electorate.

Cheers

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 17 December 2020 10:32:12 AM
I just saw Trump has awarded Scott Morrison with one of America's highest military honours.

Must have been for the Battle of Cobargo where Morrison led the charge from the Holiday Gardens Hotel in Hawaii and everybody in Cobargo except him was too tired to shake hands after fighting the bushfires.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 23 December 2020 5:35:46 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy