The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Our 30th Prime Minister > Comments

Our 30th Prime Minister : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 16/12/2020

Our 30th Prime Minister is bowling along quite successfully after both a surprising promotion to the Liberal leadership and an even more surprising election victory two and a half years ago.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Morrison, Dons version of Platos Philosopher King. All very Labor/Green.
But as reality of current politics dictates, Technocrats are rising with the scum on the stew of climate change, (believe in it or not).

There is little hope anybody soon, is capable of closing that particular back door to power; but I have to hand it to Morrison, he’s having a crack at it.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 16 December 2020 9:25:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not much better than Turnbull. Given the new threat from China, written about in the above article, the very mention of Scott Morrison makes me shudder.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 16 December 2020 9:40:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Don, I'm very surprised by your sycophantic endorsement! Perhaps you shared that highly informative, Hawian Holiday?

Yes, he has improved his visible perception/facade? But this is what they want us to see!

Whereas, the Hawian Holiday revealed, at least in part, the true Mr Morrison, I believe.

I'm withholding judgment unit an election is called. Then decide if I agree with your judgement.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 16 December 2020 11:15:38 AM
The best we can say about him is that he is a better alternative to that clown Dutton.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Wednesday, 16 December 2020 11:40:23 AM
I think Morrison is not the gilded lily painted by Don Aiken; the veneer peeled off early in the piece when he 'was missing in inaction" on his Hawaii holiday while Australia burnt. Failure 1.
The pandemic exposed his second flaw: Leaving the aged care homes issue to an incompetent Minister, who should have been sacked. Failure 2. Opportunity to build a better Australian economy: Here was the golden opportunity to plan for the future of our country by not building more houses for investors, but rather, new industries, including those which would meld with the renewable energy sector; plan to phase out Old King Coal. Hit Failure 3. Lastly, the China Syndrome: Learn some diplomacy, Scomo; (a) you are no diplomat, so use someone's skills in that field; (b) take some initiatives from Joe Biden and other American Presidents, especially Theodore Roosevelt- "speak softly and carry a big stick".
"Scomo" has a lot to learn, and Aiken could well have suggested that his pupil would have been better spending his time in learning the rudiments of politics, and less time on the Bible, as the former teaches one more about the worst aspects of human beings, while the latter searches for goodness in human beings- a very rare quality.
Posted by Cyclone, Wednesday, 16 December 2020 11:52:29 AM
David,

Isn't it strange how different people see other people differently? I thought that Dutton was just the hard man we needed; and we would have had him if it were not for the dirty dealings of Turnbull before he left. With the help of the wet lefties who now infest the Liberal party of course.

I think that there is a lot to be said for the people electing the PM. And, given the hysteria and shemozzle about climate change and the China virus, it's also time to review our version of the Westminster system and Federation.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 16 December 2020 12:27:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy