The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Four ways to use diversity to save your company > Comments

Four ways to use diversity to save your company : Comments

By Georg Chmiel, published 15/12/2020

It is inexplicable that three out of five companies are overlooking the opportunity to potentially add double-digit growth to their innovation revenue by embracing gender diversity.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
individual & progressive Pat,

Yes.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 15 December 2020 11:32:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Growth is all about greed. Globalisation and 'free' trade is all about greed.

I grew up in the 40s and 50s. There certainly was none of that stuff then. But, everyone had a job, plenty to eat and a place to live. Annual holidays, plenty of sport and entertainment. Most families had one motor vehicle unlike these days, with what used to be a front garden now looking like a used car yard.

Everything since then has been an abberation that was always too good to last. From now on, thing will start to right themselves, and all the ranting and raving won't stop it.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 15 December 2020 12:25:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In the forties and fifties, we the people owned, not for profit power companies that reticulated cheap as chips, electricity.

And we had men of vision as the helm and a great big visionary project, we built even though we had crippling post-war debt! The engineering marvel of the world, the Snowy Mountain project! As our big visionary infrastructure project that's still giving! To this day!

Those were the two things, one might successfully argue, that ushered in, unprecedented post-war prosperity. Post-war prosperity that went on to create the third wealthiest nation on earth and a debt-free creditor one at that!

ttbn, remembers those days with affection as do most of us who enjoyed an unsurpassed standard of living and a freedom bought and paid for, with rivers of Anzac blood!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 15 December 2020 9:22:18 PM
Can't agree with that Alan.

In the 40s, post war, I slept on a verandah in Townsville. We moved the bed from side to side of the house depending on where the rain was coming from.

In the early 50s I slept in a unlined room with no windows fitted, in a rather cold Bathurst, because we couldn't get lining sheeting or glass. Just not available, which may have been a relief, as I doubt we could have paid for them

I also played league in sand shoes, with many mates playing barefoot, as parents could not afford to buy boots for their kids. God I hated the unbleached calico sheets & pillowslips mum made to save money. I wasn't too wrapped in the school shirts, & shorts she made either.

If any of us kids wanted a bike to ride to school we had to find jobs, our folks couldn't afford to buy them for us. We ate rabbit I had shot or dug out of burrows a couple of times a week to save money on food. "Mixo" ruined that.

No mate it was not an "unsurpassed standard of living", in fact life was fairly tough for many of us, particularly families of returned service men. Don't get me wrong, it was a great life, free from the petty bureaucracies & rules of today. Most were in the same boat, so we didn't feel deprived, & did not expect handouts, but it was far from a high standard of living.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 15 December 2020 10:00:56 PM
Onya ttbn.

Look Greg Chmiel, you can't have gender equality because regardless of what the new crop of brainless feminazis say, most women prefer to be women, as most men prefer to be men.

Most women love the idea of being mothers, and careerist women know that sooner or later, they will have to choose between either continuing with their career or having kids. That hardly makes them attractive recruits for long term management positions. Most women will choose to have kids and they will stay at home to look after them properly. The ones who do not usually end up depressed at the idea that they never had that experience. Australian feminist Germain Greere once remarked that the most rewarding time in her life was when she had to take charge of a friends new born baby for several months, who's mother was undergoing serious health problems.

The children of careerist women are in real danger of becoming materially well off
"little emperors" with all kinds of attitude problems associated with being virtually parentless. Mental health admissions for teenagers to very expensive private mental institutions is sky rocketing in the USA. Parents from working class families tell their kids "behave, or I will send you to your room." Careerist "parents" say "behave yourself, or I will put you in the nuthouse."
Posted by LEGO, Wednesday, 16 December 2020 7:48:13 AM
"Gender diversity" just means anti-male.

George Chmiel is saying that he thinks women are inferior to men, so that they have NO HOPE of ever being able to mix on equal terms with men, unless men as a group to permanently impose on themselves unequal costs, to provide to women unequal benefits of special consideration, special provision, otherwise they're not going to be equal.

Right, George? That's what you're saying, right?
Posted by Cumberland, Thursday, 17 December 2020 10:44:38 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy