The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Morrison's National Cabinet unlawfully preventing Australians from returning home > Comments

Morrison's National Cabinet unlawfully preventing Australians from returning home : Comments

By Augusto Zimmermann, published 29/9/2020

As well as being profoundly irrational and damaging to our freedom and to our economy, elements of the Australian lockdowns may well be unlawful.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Aidan,

You're a pseudo-intellectual.

You might be able to fool the others but you can't pull the wool over old Mr Opinion's eyes.

Here's a definition I just pulled off the web: A person exhibiting intellectual pretensions that have no basis in sound scholarship; a person who pretends an interest in intellectual matters for reasons of status.

I also found a solution to your problem: Don't stake yourself to an opinion on a topic you don't know anything about. Admit you are not familiar with the topic and not prepared to take a stand. Avoid parroting the ideas of others without exploring differing views or ideas.

You're not alone. Other well-known pseudo-intellectuals on The Forum OLO are shadowminister, Bazz, Hasbeen, Loudmouth, Josephus, and individual.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 2 October 2020 6:50:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's like a grown man playing the part of a 4yo stamping its feet.

So, your uni buddy got special permission from the foreign affairs department to attend his mother's funeral in Hungary, and he can't get back and your mad because Aussies have to go through quarantine?

Tough situation for your mates mum, but sorry no special treatment.
Everyone's got to follow the same rules, you don't get an exemption because you think you're more special than others.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 2 October 2020 10:11:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mr 0,
Why would I want to pull the wool over the eyes of the blind?
This board is not a scholarly discussion; you generally won't see evidence of sound scholarship from anyone, though people may occasionally supply it when challenged.
Are you really unaware of the above? A scholarly discussion wouldn't be anywhere near as tolerant of your ad hominems!

But I am curious about something: what led you to presume my interest isn't genuine?

I'm pleased you've found a solution, but the problem is yours not mine. If you apply it to your own posts, their quality will improve greatly.
Posted by Aidan, Friday, 2 October 2020 1:39:54 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy