The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > China ramps up US crude oil imports as elections near > Comments

China ramps up US crude oil imports as elections near : Comments

By Irina Slav, published 30/9/2020

China has been buying a lot of US crude oil lately, perhaps in a belated attempt to fulfill some of the energy import quotas agreed with Washington last year.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Mr Opinion,
Have a look at this, sounds good to me & at least one Australian politician appears to have been smart.
Papua New Guinea traps China in its own debt trap

https://youtu.be/jWeaBsF-PH4
Posted by individual, Saturday, 3 October 2020 4:00:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
individual,

Scott Morrison as "charismatic and visionary". Obviously the narrator hasn't met the real Scott Morrison. Maybe a trip to Cobargo to met the locals might make the narrator think twice about using terms like charismatic and visionary to describe Morrison.

The best description I have been able to come up with for Morrison is 'The Big Yobbo'. Put a giant effigy of Morrison on the outskirts of Canberra with a sign 'The Big Yobbo' at its feet: it's a tourist drawcard.

But I must agree that China is in a precarious position if many small recipients of Chinese loans default. If China lends one dollar to a developing nation it is the developing nation's problem but if it lends a billion dollars it is China's problem.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 6 October 2020 3:29:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy