The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > China ramps up US crude oil imports as elections near > Comments

China ramps up US crude oil imports as elections near : Comments

By Irina Slav, published 30/9/2020

China has been buying a lot of US crude oil lately, perhaps in a belated attempt to fulfill some of the energy import quotas agreed with Washington last year.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I’m glad most people I encountered in the daily grind which is our life on the ground, don’t operate with the same duplicitous moral standards as do corporations.

I just love it when the news filters through, such as it does in this article, that China is treating the West with hostility and contempt as reward for the leg up given them by the stampede for profits at any cost, by the same corporates once besotted by the free money.

History will be ignored with perilous ease, as money rules the world. “Oils ain’t oils” as the saying goes!

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 30 September 2020 8:01:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
China is preparing for war.

Does that give you a hint as to why it is stockpiling crude oil?

Isn't China still buying huge quantities of iron ore and gas from Australia.

It takes a lot of stuff if one intends to win a protracted war.

Especially if one of the aims is the annexation of Australia to extend a new Chinese empire under Xi.

Remember, in the last few years Xi addressed the PLA on two occasions telling it to prepare for war.

The way I see it the writing is on the wall.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 30 September 2020 8:49:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And it's a big YES to Mr. Opinion from me. I wonder if our useless PM is aware of China's intent, as he comes up with ludicrous ideas like building a gas power plant in the middle of a coal field.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 30 September 2020 9:12:07 AM
Good!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 30 September 2020 12:01:03 PM
Mr Opinion/ttbn.

Yes, one might well think they're preparing for a war?

And what better time for a preemptive strike than during a crippling pandemic? And against "leaders" who have, I believe, put themselves, the party, patent personal profits and political influence, ahead of the national interest? "leaders' who thunder and roar, then when push comes to shove? Roll over and beg for a tummy rub?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 30 September 2020 12:12:28 PM
a hint as to why it is stockpiling crude oil?
Mr Opinion,
No mystery there, they're simply just smarter than us ! They're looking 100 years ahead instead of just the next Stock Market report !
If China had a Lake Eyre it'd be full now & brimming with life in & around it !
If China had a Pilbara they'd sell the steel & not the ore !
If China had young people that shirk work it'd make them like it !
My guess is that Prisons in China aren't better than our 4-Star Hotels.
I also guess that their lawyers work for the good of the Nation & not for the crims with the most money !
As I said, they just seem to be smarter !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 30 September 2020 12:26:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy