The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The sentencing of Brenton Tarrant: jailing the man, not the Great Replacement > Comments

The sentencing of Brenton Tarrant: jailing the man, not the Great Replacement : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 3/9/2020

He pleaded guilty to 51 charges of murder, 40 counts of attempted murder and one of terrorism. He also faced a tsunami of victim impact statements – over 200 in all.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Tarrant has got less than he deserved.
New Zealand wants to send him back here.
That is good we have the perfect place for him to live out his life.
Goulburn Super Mosque ! Full of Moslems banged up for murder, rape
terrorism and other criminal behavior.

In all the fuss no one has asked the question beyond the immediate
obvious factors why has this sort of action not been more common.
After all the terrorist attacks from the Munich games onward I do not
remember another similar case as Tarrants.

All this just after the five year anniversary of the attack on the
French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo !

There is no escaping that it all emerges from the religion of Islam.
They are complying with Allah's demands in his words revealed to
that genocidal Mohammad living the Saudi desert 1400 years ago.
I am just amazed that we have not had many Tarrants around the world.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 3 September 2020 3:31:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
For all you fascists,

It's wrong for Muslims to kill anybody for no particular reason. Or, of course, anybody to do that.

It's wrong to blame all Muslims, including small children, for the crimes of some of their co-religionists, just as it's wrong to blame all Christians for the crimes of any particular Christian, or to blame all atheists for the dreadful crimes of any particular atheist.

If someone commits a dreadful crime, or fifty crimes, then they and they alone should be held to account for that crime.

Ttbn, stop drooling at the thought of shooting young Muslim children.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Thursday, 3 September 2020 3:42:45 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
so we can agree that all lives matter (ie black, white, yellow, the elderly , muslim, hindu, Christian, unborn). Thank God for a person's conscience unless it is of course seared by excusing any of the above.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 3 September 2020 3:46:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Runner,

Yes indeed, all people's lives matter, as you so rightly say. ALL Black people, ALL white people. ALL Christians, ALL Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Shintoists, etc., and atheists.

And yes, the law should apply equally to all people who commit criminal offences against innocents. No ifs, no buts.

If an atheist murdered 51 people in cold blood, and wounded another fifty, then yes I would support him/her being incarcerated in the Antarctic or at, say, Oodnadatta, for the term of his/her natural life.

As an atheist, I've always admired the Prince of Peace. There is a great deal of universal goodness in most religious books.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Thursday, 3 September 2020 4:07:56 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Agree Joe, an individuals crime should be treated as exactly that, and individuals crime.
But when does that happen these days? Really?

A group always gets blamed.

With Tarrant gun owners across NZ who had nothing to do with it were made to lose for what he did. So it's too late to say broader significance shouldn't be applied to his actions.
Posted by jamo, Thursday, 3 September 2020 4:42:00 PM
It's wrong to blame all Muslims, including small children, for the crimes of some of their co-religionists
loudmouth2,
I don't think anyone does, what most observers are questioning is the cold-hard fact that no Muslims openly voice their objection to those who give their religion a bad name.
The day I hear of Muslims demonstrating against the calls of Islam to do away with all non-Muslims, I'll be out there fully supporting their cause.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 3 September 2020 5:26:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy