The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > North Korea plays the I dare you game > Comments

North Korea plays the I dare you game : Comments

By Felix Imonti, published 28/8/2020

Kim Yo-Jong is daring President Moon Jae-In to use his new powers to achieve his forty-year dream of uniting the Koreas and she appears to be winning.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
If Trump retains power? The predicted senario may well eventuate? And if it does? It will change the dynamics and make our position more precarious than it already is?

And given it does? Make a complete nonsense, straight out of cloud cookoo land, out of our decision to remain a non-nuclear nation! And dismantle our manufacturing sector in favour of service industries!

Cookoo, cookoo. TBC.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 28 August 2020 10:52:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Unification would remove an important bulwark against Communist China for the US and, hence, Australia
and the Pacific.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 28 August 2020 11:26:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
All power to North and South Korea in their efforts to unify! It's the only sensible option and would no doubt have happened long ago if not for the constant interference by the US in a part of the world which is absolutely none of its business.
The US needs to sign the peace treaty which to its great shame it has refused to sign from the time it obliterated North Korea in the early 50s. It also needs to withdraw the crippling sanctions it has imposed on the North for far too long and the threatening military bases and troops it's imposed on the South.
Hopefully, a reunited Korea can stand up to US bullying and can build a strong and independent future for all Koreans.
Posted by Bronwyn, Friday, 28 August 2020 3:53:50 PM
Ni hao Bronwyn.

It's good to see you expressing your Asian identity to the advantage of China.

You are part of the success story that is the Great Asianisation Period (1980-2020) in Australian history.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 28 August 2020 5:26:47 PM
If anyone believes that the North will unify with the south for an economic future, does not understand that that is completely counterproductive to China's interests.

And the removal of US bases in th south, completely counterproductive to our interests.

As long as those bases are there we can rearm to the point where we could defend ourselves against a hostile China. ASAP!

In the interim, we should lift our self imposed nuclear ban, buy some nuclear-powered subs off the shelf and arm them with also bought off the shelf, nuclear missiles. I'm sure we can count on Uncle Sam for that and terms!?

Given we do that, no further reason to ban, for peaceful purpose, nuclear energy. And we should allow all the R+D of/on MSR and thorium that the market and our universities want/can bear!

Plus, get an agreement signed yesterday, to become the world's premiere nuclar waste repository. Understanding that this material is unspent fuel that we can very safely spend in MSR technology to provide industrial power for less than 1 cent PKWH! And earn annual billions as the intended consequence!

And compliment that with genuine tax reform that is a flat tax set at 15% that's unavoidable and the only tax we any of us pay above a generous threshold! Plus invest in multible deionisation dialysis desalination plants!

Do that much and prepare for the stampede as the energy dependant high tech manufacture seeks as it will, to relocate en masse, to these shores! along with their tax liabilities! And ditto cashed up self-funded retirees.

And you will have to be really old and really tired not to be employed or retrained on the job!

We could afford to be choosy and opt for partnership arrangements that incorporate, cooperative capitalism/employee partisapation!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 29 August 2020 11:13:41 AM
Mr Opinionated
I'm not part of anything, Asian or otherwise. I'm as Anglo-Australian as you no doubt are ... not that this is at all relevant ... and not that I need to explain myself to you.
The difference between you and I is that I refuse to bow down to the myth of Anglo-American exceptionalism. I aim for a fair and objective reading of history and current events, as we all should. I can appreciate the strengths and weaknesses of all nations and systems of government and detest the blanket demonising and fear-mongering of particular countries and their people.
Always happy to debate the issues, but in future will treat your personal labelling with the contempt it deserves ... and ignore.
Posted by Bronwyn, Saturday, 29 August 2020 11:14:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy