The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > PLO sidelined as Trump brokers deal between Israel and UAE > Comments

PLO sidelined as Trump brokers deal between Israel and UAE : Comments

By David Singer, published 20/8/2020

Trump's spectacular breakthrough now sees three Arab States – Egypt, Jordan and the UAE – that could replace the PLO in negotiations with Israel on Trump's Peace Plan to end the Jewish-Arab conflict.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Arafat was once described as ' never missing an opportunity to miss an opportunity". He taught his successors well !
Posted by Aspley, Thursday, 20 August 2020 2:35:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Congratulations for Israel and the UAE on ending their conflict and opening a new glorious page in their histories.

While a real conflict can be solved by negotiations between the conflicted parties, an imaginary conflict can be handled by negotiations between ANY parties!

Thus this "Jewish-Arab conflict" requires neither the PLO nor Israel to come to the table - the author could simply sit with a friend over a deck of cards and solve it there and then at their leisure. How about turning it into a computer game?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 20 August 2020 2:37:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh what to DO

Ex-"Bibi" now Bubba :) NetanyaHU?

Do you fear Biden will win?

Adding greater complexity than Trump's daughter's husband's Mid East policy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Kushner#Middle_East_peace_plan

Netanyahu has some hedging to do. See http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/08/19/israel-joe-biden-democrats/
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 20 August 2020 6:51:36 PM
well lovely to see Obama lecturing Trump. Along with Epstein's mate Clinton. making fools of themselves. I mean a nuclear deal between Obama and Iran was brilliant wasn't it? Love how Trumps shows up his incompetent and corrupt predecessors.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 20 August 2020 9:53:21 PM
"In a testimony he gave B’Tselem field researcher Iyad Hadad, Samer Kurdi described the ambush and the assault:

Suddenly, about 7 to 10 settlers appeared on the hilltop while we were in the valley below, about 40 meters away. Their faces were covered with shirts, and they started throwing large stones and pushing boulders down at us. They were holding screwdrivers, sticks, clubs and stones. One of them, who had a rifle, stood watch over them. We felt in real danger and were scared.

We left our bikes and ran away on foot. A stone hit me in my left thigh, but I kept running because I was afraid to stop. As I was running, I tripped, and then two settlers who were chasing us reached me and blocked my path. One of them was the armed settler. He pointed his gun at me while the other, who was holding a black club, started hitting me in the legs. He tried to beat me in the ribs and upper body, and I shielded myself with my arms. When the beating intensified, I tried grab the club and snatch it from him, but the armed settler threatened me, so I stopped. Then the other settler stopped beating me."
http://www.btselem.org/settler_violence_updates/during-corona-crisis?update=213041

How is a handshake worth billions to the UAE going to stop the above?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 21 August 2020 9:29:23 AM
Need to remember that Israel has long been effectively the Criminal Apartheid Zionist Settler State in Occupied Palestine. Was initially set up and can only be sustained due to massive ongoing support from Zionists elsewhere. Especially the United States. Note they include many fundamentalist Christians but also there are some Jews who strongly oppose the existence of a Jewish state that represses others.

The Zionist Jews controlling Israel are basically 20th century immigrants effectively sponsored by other countries. An obvious unstated agenda behind the claim of altruistically supporting a Jewish homeland has been to reduce the number of Jews in their own country (Including in the 1930's the Nazis in Germany helping Jews from there move to Palestine under the Haavara agreement.) Noting that wherever Jews have settled throughout history there always seems to have to have been some who significantly antagonised the locals. In Israel, the rightful long germ owners of the country, the Palestinians are not going to go away and are basically have long been subdued by military repression and efforts to minimise their political influence. However at least there has been more widespread exposure what has been going on in recent years due to social media on the Internet and alternative news sites on the Internet that are not strongly under Jewish influence as the Western mainstream media largely is. Regarding this latest US sponsored supposed deal between Israel and the UAE, most likely behind the hype it is very shaky.
Posted by mox, Friday, 21 August 2020 11:01:12 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy