The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Singapore electoral results an opposition golden opportunity > Comments

Singapore electoral results an opposition golden opportunity : Comments

By Murray Hunter, published 31/7/2020

A closer analysis of the polls has unsettling implications for the party now that the Lee family is slowly drifting away from power.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Dear Murray Hunter.

This subject matter is as relevant to me as Tom Thumb under a giants boot.
Or a squashed cockroach on the cement floor, accidentally slaughtered by foot, during a journey of nocturnal urination.

But being the "stickler" I am, I persevered to bitter end without the remotest success of removing the persistent thought, that Malaysian politics is less genuine than our own, with an XXL sized shovel full of corruption over and above our own inventive local lot.

In a word (or two), who gives a toss about Malaysia, and why should we? That is the question I think you need to answer.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 31 July 2020 8:56:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Singapore can decide who to vote for! And worry not who governs, but the activities of big brother now eyeing off a tiny resource-poor, Singaporian marine resource. But unable, given the current military capability of that superiorly managed and now robust economy!

Murray, you've plenty to worry about and inform about in your own backyard! Suggest you expose the corruption and cronyism there first, before you worry about electoral outcomes in neighbouring sovereign states!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 31 July 2020 11:57:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks for the article. But I am concerned at the prospect of more communist peoples states on Australia's doorstep.
Posted by Canem Malum, Saturday, 1 August 2020 3:47:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy