The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The problem with the police > Comments

The problem with the police : Comments

By David Leyonhjelm, published 13/7/2020

For libertarians, maintaining a criminal justice system, of which the police are a major component, is viewed as one of the few legitimate roles of government.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Yuyutsu,
That's what the Mac dictionary says about Patron;

1 a person who gives financial or other support to a person, organization, or cause: a celebrated patron of the arts.
• a distinguished person who takes an honorary position in a charity: the Mental Health Foundation, of which Her Royal Highness is Patron.
2 a customer of a shop, restaurant, etc., especially a regular one: we surveyed the plushness of the hotel and its sleek, well-dressed patrons.
3 Roman History a patrician in relation to a client.
• the former owner and (frequently) protector of a freed slave.
4 British, mainly historical a person or institution with the right to grant a benefice to a member of the clergy.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 15 July 2020 6:17:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Individual,

Call it "employer" if you prefer modern language - an employer is just one type of patron.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 15 July 2020 7:03:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu,
I abhor the bastardisation of modern language so, I prefer to call the "clients" of the Police senseless & selfish crap-heads. The stray lump of lead catching up with some of them on odd occasions should be considered a warranted consequence.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 15 July 2020 8:59:22 PM
Diver dan,
I respond to your suggestion that it costs the US $100,000 to train their cops.
I'd say that's a pretty reasonable return on investment, as I reckon each cop will have collected $100,000 in a few months.
Don't forget the courts and the income from them which are mostly due to the cops and their "tax collection"duties.
Posted by ALTRAV, Wednesday, 15 July 2020 9:33:30 PM
Dear ALTRAV,

Have you costed prisons, I wonder, and courts too are not cheap.

I think that after taking all into consideration, the bottom line for this exercise is negative.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 15 July 2020 10:46:17 PM
Yuyutsy,
and yet they persist in raking in the money.
If it is that expensive to house and feed prisoners, they simply step up the cops 'hit' rate, and hey presto, they're in the black/money again.
Don't worry, if it's one thing these scum-bags know, is how to rip-off the public.
Posted by ALTRAV, Thursday, 16 July 2020 1:28:04 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy