The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Australian Right's big mistake > Comments

The Australian Right's big mistake : Comments

By Paul Collits, published 1/7/2020

Australia's battle of ideas - the culture war - seems lost, to the forces of progressive liberalism. Those who would fight this battle seem preoccupied with getting the Liberal party into office, and keeping it there.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
*... They HATE politicians. As well they might. For them, politicians always disappoint...*

That's me; I'm in that group!

But realise this...I voted enthusiastically for Clive Palmer. The only occasion on which I've happily cast a vote in years.
To me it's obvious why!

Who cares if Palmer was as crooked as the proverbial dogs hind leg: At least, like Trump, he was honest about it; as opposed to his rivals; rogues and raskels all!

Palmer: Who didn't hide his nepotism and shady business deals, which were, in the end, legal anyway.
Palmer: A man that put his money where his mouth was.
Palmer: A man with "actual" skin in the game.
Palmer: My choice of crooked Politician. An honest crook! As good as politics gets!

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 1 July 2020 8:10:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have read a number of excellent articles by Paul Collits but this article was long, confusing, practically meaningless and of little or no value to me. Perhaps I need to read it again.

The Liberal party is no longer the Liberal party I supported all my life. I do not consider it will recover from too many Liberal MPs back-stabbing excellent Tony Abbott and replacing him with dud Labor/green Turnbull who is good for nothing and destroyed the Liberal party.

Cheers, PeterC
Posted by PeterC, Wednesday, 1 July 2020 9:01:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
no longer the Liberal party I supported all my life
PeterC,
Unfortunately, that applies to all parties. Why ? because their supporters are no longer what the parties stood for either.
There's only one party now for all, it's called Money ! Integrity is no longer part of their vocabulary !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 1 July 2020 10:12:46 PM
Peter C.

Don't feel cheated and alone:

To balance things up a bit; meanwhile, over the fence (which no longer exists), on the other side, Bob Hawke justly earned the reputation as the best Liberal Prime Minister Australia ever had.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 2 July 2020 7:27:44 AM
diver dan,

So you're a Clive Palmer man.

Tell me, who bankrolled Palmer's 2019 federal election campaign?

I'm of the opinion that it was Adani.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 2 July 2020 8:06:35 AM
I don't know what it is that the author wants to "conserve", but with China at our gates, with WW-III already begun, we cannot afford to be too choosy.

Sure the very concept of "government" is evil, but we must now unite against our common enemy because ANY Australian government would be better than living (more likely dying) under a Chinese regime!

---

Dear David,

«China could wipe us out in the first 10 minutes of any conflict starting and there would be nothing that we or any of our allies could do to resist.»

Sad to hear such despair, but what Scott Morrison is planning is deterrence through a second-strike capability, so that China will be unwilling to pay the price for destroying Australia.

Conventional response is not enough. China should know that if it obliterates Australia then missiles from Australian submarines will rain on their cities such viruses compared to which COVID-19 is but a child's toy. They should also be aware that after us, doomsday-mines will render the continent of Australia so radioactive that they will not be able to benefit at all from our vast resources in the ground.

Fortunately we are not alone in this, but we must contribute our share towards this fight for survival against evil. Yes, America is a goner, no hope from that direction, but we also have nuclear India, Europe and other friends on our side.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 2 July 2020 9:59:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy