The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The mealy-mouthed quality in Australian life > Comments

The mealy-mouthed quality in Australian life : Comments

By Malcolm King, published 16/6/2020

It's a generalisation (can it be anything else?) but we have become a rag tag band of self-interested, mealy-mouthed yahoos, who walk and talk like the bourgeoisie but who have nothing to sell but our mediocrity.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Reminds of the major British media article a few years back depicting sunbathers on Bondi beach as culturally bankrupt. I bet a few fog encased Poms wouldn't have minded a spell of cultural lapse. On the question of SA note homeboy Rupert Murdoch felt the need to get out to spread his wings. Both Weatherill and Marshall think if SA cracks 2m that all will be well, never mind the un and under employed.

SA has one standout feature...it holds a quarter of the world's uranium. Since we're all supposed to be going low carbon you'd think SA would cash in. Nope they'll just muddle along as always perhaps that's what they secretly want.
Posted by Taswegian, Tuesday, 16 June 2020 8:47:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"obsequious toadyism". I like that. It's a fitting replacement for 'Australian larrikinism', which has been dead for some time.

Good article. Australia is rooted
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 16 June 2020 9:04:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Naughty, ttbn.

Strewth, Malcolm King, Australians of the "baby boomer" generation "in general" (I suppose that means that you are the exception) are "spineless", "obsequious toadies", "bitchy" "self interested", "soggy beer nuts", and "mealy mouthed".

You just wrote an extremely racist article denigrating "baby boomer" white people, Malcolm, and you were too stupid to even recognise it. Denigrating white people is so routine and acceptable with you dumbass lefty journos, that it never even occurs to you that you are doing it. The problem is, Malcolm, that I am one of those white people you are so racist about, and I can see it.

I would love to see you write and article calling aborigines spineless", "obsequious toadies", "bitchy" "self interested", "soggy beer nuts", and "mealy mouthed". They would have you up before the HREOC commissars in the "Committee for Public Safety" before you could blink. All of your peers would shun you for "conduct unbecoming an ideological zealot", and you would be caste out into the outer suburbs of Adelaide for "re-education", there to dwell with the hated white "baby boomer" deplorables until you confessed your guilt.

I dunno, Malcolm. I feel "insulted, offended, and humiliated". But I know the HREOC won't go into bat for me . I have the wrong skin colour.

But I have to thank you. I keep telling everybody on OLO t racism against white people is so routine in the media, that the media hacks can't even recognise it. You just provided me with a perfect example of that mindset.
Posted by LEGO, Tuesday, 16 June 2020 9:25:49 AM
"obsequious toadyism".

Stupidity Plus will suffice !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 16 June 2020 9:34:30 AM
A race to the bottom can only end in one place.
The authors profession's played it's part maintaining this heading.
Anyone daring to question the wisdom of abandoning physical production's howled down as nationalistic, as if that's a bad thing.

Too late now. Too many employed in the fake safety regulation industry that's snuffing out what's left of industrial production. Only room left for the paper numbers growth illusion. Fudgery and willful ignorance are the only essentials.
Posted by jamo, Tuesday, 16 June 2020 10:04:41 AM
Yes Lego, you called it spot on !
The very fact that we are white in skin colouring immediately rules
us out in some arguments.
I have realised why it is so.
It is jealousy, the other races are embarrassed by their lack of achievement.
The Africans did nothing in thousands of years, except survive.
The aborigines had the whole of Australia for themselves for 40,000+
years and survived, but only just.
The people of Persia and the people along the two rivers of Mesopotamia
invented agriculture.
The Chinese and Japanese had a complex civilisation and were inventors
of many things we still use daily, paper money, explosives, and a form of printing.
The Arabs showed promise, but they adopted a religion that insists
the earth is flat, and dislikes the new. To make matters worse for
about 2000 years they have had a policy of marrying their cousins
which has resulted in a damaged genome.

The Jews are an example of what can be done, just look at the score
of Nobel prizes for science.

Virtually all the scientific advancement in the last 2000 years has
come from white people in Europe and North America.
The ancient Greeks led the way in mathematics.
Find something in your house not invented or developed by white people.

So white people stand up and don't kneel, no one has surpassed you.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 16 June 2020 11:49:10 AM
Yup! And if ignorance is bliss?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 16 June 2020 12:06:39 PM
Well what would you expect when you jam far too many people into too small a space, then stack them on top of each other, so everyones back side is pointing at someone else head. Then give them nothing to do but go & eat out, or watch someone else do something.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 16 June 2020 12:23:05 PM
Malcolm, we are the most successful multicultural nation on earth, with a miracle economy that is the envy of the developed world.

If we do say so ourselves. Over and over and over again.
Posted by Steve S, Tuesday, 16 June 2020 12:26:23 PM
Watch "The Death of the Aussie Larrikin" on Sky News tonight at 8pm.
It will cover much of what is in this thread.

The attacks on Capt James Cook are disgusting.
He was one of the four or five most significant navigators of history.
Vasco de Gama, Columbus, Eric the Red, Magellan, Palau and James Cook.
Palau ? You ask ! He was the Polynesian navigator who explored the
Pacific Ocean before the Europeans arrived and discovered New Zealand.
This led to the settlement of New Zealand by people from an
overpopulated Tahiti around 900 AD.
The knowledge of the world was only half known before Cook.
The Great South Land was still thought to exist somewhere in the Sth Pacific.
The people of the Pacific did not even know of Europe and Asia, let
alone Africa. The Tahitians had visitors before Cook so he went there
to measure the transit of Venus. These measurements enabled much safer
voyaging for seamen the world over. His work on that voyage is still
incorporated into charts printed today.
He did his best to protect the native Islanders but it did come down
to self defense when some could not be communicated with.
They used birdshot in their guns to avoid killing those threatening
them, as they needed to make friendly contact to reprovision their ship.
It did not always work out and a few deaths did occur.
On the whole the voyages were an example for all.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 16 June 2020 12:37:42 PM
Australia used to have a good brand or image from the outside but that has become negative with our whingeing and moaning about everything by snow flakes focused upon anything they don't like e.g. clichés like political correctness, elites, women, immigrants, EU, unionists or workers, education, environmental movement etc.

It's no coincidence that US 19C style radical right libertarian ideology (joined at the hip with eugenics) over recent decades, has viewed this as the last chance to leverage white Anglo fears, ignorance and anxiety to vote against the interests of future generations, on behalf of the top (transnational) people and/or corporates aka Brexit and Trump.
Posted by Andras Smith, Tuesday, 23 June 2020 4:08:22 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Here is a puzzle I have just thought about.
The word "Coloured".
Black people are classified as "coloured".
However black is not a colour ! It is a absence of colour.
So white people, brown people and yellow people are coloured.
Blacks are the only ones not coloured.
How do they get it so wrong ?
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 23 June 2020 8:46:48 AM
Actually Australians are becoming more and more Chinese.

And when Soot and the boys start bringing in millions of cashed up Chinese to restart the economy we will be able to refer to ourselves as having a predominantly Chinese culture.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 23 June 2020 9:08:26 AM
Malcolm when half the population is now no longer dinkum Ozzies, but blow ins & the children of blow ins, what do you expect?

Even dinkum Ozzies can only absorb so many blow ins, & convert them to Ozzies. Now so many blow ins are from the worst of the earths populations, it is all too much.

Expect to see more of the circling of the wagons if we are asked to absorb much more rubbish. When it is no longer safe for girls to walk many of the streets of the country, what the hell else can you expect?
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 23 June 2020 3:59:01 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy