The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Atheism as self-murder > Comments

Atheism as self-murder : Comments

By Peter Sellick, published 20/5/2020

Most people declare they are atheists because atheism solves the intellectual problem of believing in the existence of God as the old man in the sky.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
God's an old man in the sky?
How do you know he's not a kid with an ant-farm?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 23 May 2020 3:00:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CM: Father of Liberal Democracy, John Stewart Mill-

1806 to 1873. Hmmm. & what would he know about the ways of the 21st. Century.

CM: As someone else mentioned on OLO- there was a rash of new branches of Christianity formed along with the formation of the USA-

After the death of Joshua (aka, Jesus) there were at least 20 different Christian Church Branches Formed in the first 100 years. It wasn’t until 329 that Pauline Christianity was pronounced the Winner & consequently the Pauline Christians set out to eradicate all opposition.

AC: God's an old man in the sky? How do you know he's not a kid with an ant-farm?

I have it on good authority that the Old Man thing is a left over from our early pre-tribal Days when the Elders of the Tribe were the holders of Wisdom.

I think you maybe right though. God appears to be a spoilt brat playing badly with its toys. Ay.
Posted by Jayb, Saturday, 23 May 2020 11:02:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'Fundamentalists perhaps accuse moderates of being irresponsibly lax- Liberals and Moderates accuse fundamentalists of being disciplined to the point of cruelty.'

have to disagree Canen. The word fundamentalist has been hijacked and demonised as has every word the left can use to misrepresent.

Someone who does not believe in the fundamentals of the Christian faith has made up their own version of religion. A fundamentalist simply believes in what the bible teaches. Any rational person can reject the claims of Christ if they choose but twisting these claims are just dishonest. 'Liberals' simply make up their own religion just like the gw mob. That is why liberals usually support perverting marriage, deny creation and often support godless woke causes.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 23 May 2020 11:29:10 AM
Runner- I agree with your points. I think that I was being perhaps too kind in my assessment.

Jayb- Thanks for the information.
Posted by Canem Malum, Saturday, 23 May 2020 4:32:29 PM
Peter, You believe in God. I don't. Why not just accept that we don't believe the same thing and not get excited about it? I don't think you are a bad person because you don't have the same viewpoint that I do. I used to believe in God. Now I don't. People used to believe in Zeus and Apollo. They were just gods that men imagined. I came to the conclusion that the God of the Bible is just another God that men imagined as they imagined Zeus and Apollo. There is no need for you to get excited about that. That's all atheism is. - a lack of belief in what some men believe. You don't believe in Allah or the many other gods that are not in the Bible. You don't believe in any of those gods. Of course, that doesn't you guilty of self-murder. I don't believe in any of those gods either. In addition I don't believe in the god you believe. That's really nothing to get excited about.
Posted by david f, Saturday, 23 May 2020 11:30:05 PM
Well said David f
Posted by Jayb, Sunday, 24 May 2020 8:26:59 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy