The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > At the next federal election > Comments

At the next federal election : Comments

By David Leyonhjelm, published 6/5/2020

Things will be quite different in two years. Is Morrison and his government thinking that far ahead?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
> Foreigners won't come if they have to go into quarantine on arrival, and
> Australians won't leave if they are required to go into quarantine on return.
Maybe not, but they will have the option - and that's important.

> If they choose one that favours social ownership of the means of production,
> distribution and exchange, Morrison's legacy won't be what he hopes.
Do you think such a party would even contest the lower house at the next election?
Posted by Aidan, Wednesday, 6 May 2020 10:38:30 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Let's hope that Morrison has a favourable judgment by the next election.

If he does, it will mean that Austalia has done well in relative social and economic terms when compared to most other countries
Posted by Chris Lewis, Wednesday, 6 May 2020 11:41:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
At the next election voters will remember this Govt's refusal to reduce Public Service salaries & doing extremely little to help long-term migrant workers despite them having paid many thousands of Dollars to this Govt. in Visa fees & income Tax.
I'm all for sending back those who have no interest in building this Nation & are not inclined to get off Welfare.
Spending hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars in helping the spouses & sympathisers of Terrorists to bring them back but let genuine decent migrants/457 workers sink into despair is what's commonly regarded as heartless !
I wonder if the PM is using Pentecostal guidelines as a base for policies ?
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 6 May 2020 7:26:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
individual,

Come next election the thing I will remember the most is the bright Hawaiian shirts worn by Soot 'Beam up me Scotty' Morrison.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 6 May 2020 7:58:28 PM
How is it possible Prime Minister Morrison is not speaking about the low Covid death rate in Australia and fact there is no mass death pandemic?
Posted by JF Aus, Wednesday, 6 May 2020 7:59:19 PM
no mass death pandemic?
JF Aus,
let's not celebrate too soon, COVID-19's successors will prove harder to deal with !
I think the only way we can keep a lid on it is by travel restrictions in every Flu season.
The whole show needs to change old habits if Soylent Green isn't to become a stark reality !
Posted by individual, Friday, 8 May 2020 7:02:59 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy