The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > It's time to start discussions on relaxing Covid-19 restrictions > Comments

It's time to start discussions on relaxing Covid-19 restrictions : Comments

By Eric Claus, published 17/4/2020

Every week about 3000 people die in Australia. Last week 16 people died from conditions that included Covid-19.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Is anybody aware how difficult it is riding a push bike on the footpath with people ambling all over it?

People should stop walking on the footpath and leave it to push bike riders.

Bike riders unite!

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Saturday, 18 April 2020 8:32:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Did you notice the name of the thing Diver, "FOOT" path, not wheel path.

Bikes should be banned from any footpath.

They are a menace on the public road, built & paid for n=by the motorist with huge fuel taxes. They should be banned.

Most come from china, so are probably virus carriers. They should be banned from import.

People who ride bikes wearing Lycra are usually sweaty often smelly & antisocial, they should be banned.

Bike lanes are proliferating everywhere, paid for by the long suffering motorist, they should be banned.

Anyone notice I think all bikes are an implement of the devil, designed to scratch nice cars, & should be banned.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 18 April 2020 9:44:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think Dan was joking, hasbeen. But, I agree that bikes and pedestrians don't mix; and the so called bike lanes are just a painted lines on the road - no protection at all. Anyone riding alongside traffic is taking a huge risk that I would not be prepared to take.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 18 April 2020 11:12:03 AM
I agree with Hotel Bravo, the things are a menace on the road/FOOTPATHS! N.B. FOOTPATHS and so are the lycra bound fools, who peddle them! There are bikeways built exclusively for unlicensed riders riding unregistered uninsured bikes!

And that's where the should only be allowed. Given the only folk, they can damage there? Are their own cohort and each other along with their infernal machines!
Aan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 18 April 2020 12:40:02 PM
According to the ABS, mortality in Australia in 2017 and 2018 was as follows:

http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/mf/3302.0

i.e. around 160,000 each year. Or about three thousand each week. Very roughly, about the same as the number of births. i.e. without immigration, our population would barely rise at all.

Thanks to Morrison's firm policy-making on lock-downs and prohibitions on international travel, he has kept COVID-19 deaths down. But it may still be too early to lift restrictions.

Of course, dumb-arses (see above) aged between 20 and 50 may think that

* they won't get the virus;

* even if they did, it hasn't occurred to them yet that they might be able to pass it on to other, more vulnerable, people;

* those other, more vulnerable people are old anyway, so what does it matter ?

It's amazing how close some of us are to fascist thinking.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Saturday, 18 April 2020 1:31:47 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Open up the parliaments and all of the government offices first. Start herding all the politicians, bureaucrats, along with their staff, into the buildings.

Keep them doing this for 4 weeks and if there are no Wuhan virus cases arising amongst them then I stay give it the all clear to get things back to normal.

I'm sure the politicians won't mind being part of the first test bunch to go through. All for a good cause!
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 18 April 2020 4:26:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy