The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > It's time to start discussions on relaxing Covid-19 restrictions > Comments

It's time to start discussions on relaxing Covid-19 restrictions : Comments

By Eric Claus, published 17/4/2020

Every week about 3000 people die in Australia. Last week 16 people died from conditions that included Covid-19.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
3,000 people a week? ABS stats show that 3,302 people died in Australia in one YEAR (2018). A typo I presume.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 17 April 2020 9:26:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What a load ofC.R.A.P! and shovelled by the shipload!

They are talking about it genius! And acting on the best advice of the experts, genius!

If you can't help or help yourself? GTF out of the way!

Enough already of the vexatious mischief

Go pul your head in.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 17 April 2020 10:47:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
yep, i am sure the Morrison govt and health experts will reopen the economy when they are confident the time is right.

I heard some of the sky commentators last night raving on about opening things up, hilarious stuff.

Good thing Morrison will not listen to them.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Friday, 17 April 2020 2:37:41 PM
Surely I can't be the only one who has noticed that some of the medical profession are reveling in their new found importance.

I am not talking about the GPs or the nurses, but chief medical officers & academic medicos are having a high old time. Nightly TV appearances, lots of interviews, with the population hanging on every word.

There are too many differences in their opinions of the right action for them to be totally relied on for wisdom, & some appear to want to extend the heavy handed restrictions to maintain their importance for as long as possible.

Fortunately unlike the global warming fraud academics, who are allowed to kick the can further down the road every time their forecasts prove wrong, we will find out pretty quickly which medico was talking sense.

Personally I would like to know which Einstein came up with the idea that the clown down the road can ride his push bike all over the place, but his neighbor is only allowed on the same road on foot, or in his car, if he is going to get the bread, or to the doctor.

There would be a lot less resistance to the restrictions if they had been better thought out.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 17 April 2020 9:24:20 PM
Has been.. Spot On. The fact that Dr Kerry Chant ( much less brassy/confident than 3 weeks ago with her Ipad and coffee that the Premier nearly tripped over).

She represents the worst of Health Bluffocracy, and probably has spent a lot of time travelling to " important' negotiations with WHO.

Time to wake up children, the idiots, sociopathic lunatics have taken over the asylum... and its up to us to call them out..,, otherwise "so long and tanks for all the fish" (D Adams, "Hitchikers Guide to the Universe")
Posted by Alison Jane, Friday, 17 April 2020 10:14:09 PM
Hasbeen,

probably because very few people, as a proportion of the population actually get out and ride their bike, even through bike sales have risen, but everyone needs to get food from the shops
Posted by Chris Lewis, Saturday, 18 April 2020 8:16:08 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy