The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Needs must when the devil drives: Coronavirus and the economy > Comments

Needs must when the devil drives: Coronavirus and the economy : Comments

By Malcolm King, published 15/4/2020

If we decide to 'damn the virus' and do a 'controlled release', by lifting sequestration, are we willing to wear 30,000 deaths.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Alison Jane,
1. My opinions are my own. If the head of the WHO shares them then maybe you're too quick to regard him as "disgraced". I haven't seen any actual evidence of corruption on his part.

2. Antibody testing requires blood and is therefore too intrusive for mass testing. It's also less accurate.

And of course resources must be used in a targeted fashion until mass reduction facilities can ramp up production. But ramping up production should be the ABSOLUTE priority; the government should be spending billions on it. Yet they seem to be ignoring the need t do so, and instead resigning themselves to an extended economic shutdown.
Posted by Aidan, Thursday, 16 April 2020 1:21:34 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mhaze, I looked at your data and it's not way off my estimation. Whatever the correct number is, it will be somewhat lower than for a full demographic, hence the general principle applies.

Looks like relaxing quarantine within states and testing, testing, testing is going to be the way our pollies take us in the hope of eliminating the virus. When that doesn't work, because the virus is too slippery, the purists will say there just wasn't enough testing, however much is done.
Posted by Luciferase, Thursday, 16 April 2020 1:24:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thank you Steel -Redux. I am on research gate and will download it.

Aidan...Their spending 100's billions on keeping the economy and hope for citizens alive.. Its not a money issue but a development of test and production issue DUUUUH!. not money!

You obviously have no understanding of science, regulatory processes and production engineering, but as you are a CCC believer, why would I expect you to even consider such trivial details in your quest to protect WHO and China!
Posted by Alison Jane, Thursday, 16 April 2020 2:11:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Alison, though I'm not a production engineer, I am an engineer - unlike you. OF COURSE I know that there are technical issues holding back the production of testing equipment. But I also know that the more money is thrown at it, the faster those issues are resolved. And while throwing money at it may seem inefficient, the much greater sum they're spending to hibernate the economy is far more inefficient.

Do you understand yet? I'm not saying the government's actions are unnecessary; I'm saying that implementing far more testing could make the continuation of such actions unnecessary sooner. It's purely at the engineering stage now; there's no need to wait for future scientific breakthroughs.

In your previous posts you've demonstrated an extremely poor understanding of science and an even worse deficiency in your thought process (basing your opinions on delusions and stereotypes, and deliberately choosing to ignore the truth because you're too stupid to admit your stereotypes are wrong). I see you now imagine I'm on a "quest to protect the WHO and China" just because I pointed out your allegations were unproven. Hasn't the far simpler explanation occurred to you yet?
Posted by Aidan, Friday, 17 April 2020 2:38:00 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy