The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The High Court reached the correct decision in acquitting Pell > Comments

The High Court reached the correct decision in acquitting Pell : Comments

By Greg Walsh, published 14/4/2020

The use of the term 'technicality' implies that Pell was acquitted on the basis of some obscure legal rule or a 'loophole' in the law that has allowed a guilty person to walk free.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I gave up God and religion in 1955, when I was 13, so I can not be accused of pro-Catholic bias. But it has long seemed evident that it was impossible for the offences of which Pell was accused to have taken place, and that the processes that led to his conviction were deeply flawed. As for the ABC, its bias and lack of standards have long been apparent, and it should be privatised.
Posted by Faustino, Tuesday, 14 April 2020 8:22:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
wow, so the ABC caused Pell to be arrested?

i find that very hard to believe.

Maybe Bolt and co could do an interview with Victoria Police to verify this.

You have to wonder about the intellect of the right in Australia sometimes. Always looking for a scapegoat for just about everything.

Yes, the evidence was always problematic against any guilty verdict, as the High Court found, but blaming the ABC is hilarious
Posted by Chris Lewis, Tuesday, 14 April 2020 8:39:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Faustino,

I believe it was former judge Mr Mark Weinberg who pointed out that Pell could not have abused any of the boys because he was not dressed for the occasion.

When I was a kid I skipped school one day and went to the movies but told my mother it wasn't me she saw because I wasn't dressed for the occasion: "I mean Mum, let's face it, who wears a school uniform to the movies anymore?"

"I wasn't dressed for the occasion your Honour." Every Catholic priest in the world must be now committing that line to memory.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 14 April 2020 8:41:46 AM
Only the ABC and the rest of the looney Left thought Cardinal Pell was guilty, following the appalling incompetence of Victoria Police and Victoria's judiciary, who could all give the Chinese Communist Party lessons on injustice. That state's reaching out to the communist belt and roadway scheme is becoming starkly relevant. The plunge into madness since the days of Bolte, Harmer and Kennett is horrific. And, if the taxpayer funded coven, the ABC, is not dealt with harshly for its most obscene and unforgivable fitting up of the Cardinal, the current government, particularly the Minister for Communications, will prove what gutless wonders they are. There is little chance of Victoria's Marxist government doing anything about their part in the persecution.

Actually, the above mentioned scum wanted him to be guilty, no matter what.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 14 April 2020 9:24:11 AM
I have to agree with MR O and CL! It is hilarious Chris. What's next from the pen of this genius, oh, how about the ABC invented covid-19 and are sending to us via radio waves? Or the sky will fall if we embrace carbon-free (unconventional, walk away safe) nuclear power?

As for Mr Pell? He was acquitted not exonerated! I'd like to be a fly on the wall when the Pope hears his confession? If he hears his confession?

Be that as it may, (honest as the day is long) Mr Pell is not a young man and has he claims a serious heart condition that prevents/prevented him from travelling! And the honest truth! Given the medication, he is receiving for it?

And won't be able to travel for some, in any event! Perhaps several years?

Perhaps he could ponder on his possible outcome, if still in Italy and at his age?

Take care and stay safe.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 14 April 2020 9:32:02 AM
here comes ttbn leading out with his usual insults. OLO's resident right wing bully boy.

good work ttbn. another pitiful contribution.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Tuesday, 14 April 2020 9:38:36 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy