The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Only the dead fish go with the flow! > Comments

Only the dead fish go with the flow! : Comments

By Stuart Ballantyne, published 1/4/2020

A kindergarten teacher friend told me at the time that if you don't keep the kids busy they will quickly degenerate into fighting.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I'll be "fighting" with rope shackles on a sixteen footer today.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 1 April 2020 8:22:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I just mowed my back lawn and the railway reserve.
David
Posted by VK3AUU, Wednesday, 1 April 2020 10:08:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm getting plenty of fresh air & sunshine mowing the 1.25 acre garden/house paddock, & keeping my remote control airstrips nicely mowed down the paddock.

However I'll be going for a return drive of 80 kilometers later today to a small super market in a village far from the city for my bread later. This will give me my bread from a shop less likely to be contaminated, & get me out for an hour or so, something we all need.

Honestly officer, I'm just going to get the bread.

I saw some cop on TV this morning publicly backing down from their over aggressive policing of the stay at home excessiveness, saying sun baking in sparsely populated parks will be permitted, so a little sanity has been forced on this panic.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 1 April 2020 11:57:59 AM
some cop on TV this morning publicly backing dow
Hasbeen,
Cop being the operative word here, a Police Officer would use moral & logic !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 1 April 2020 5:30:25 PM
some pretty good advice Stuart. Certainly rip up the Paris agreement.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 1 April 2020 5:46:32 PM
Seniors to kindergarten kids:

Don't fight, instead go sailing, mow the lawn for mum, buy bread for pop...and don't waste time sunbaking in the park, or a naughty policeman will get you.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 1 April 2020 6:46:17 PM
A voice of sense & pragmatism & realism. We could have more if only the snowflakes & their parents could get themselves to support a National Service scheme. That'd keep the unemployed at bay & prevent them from getting bored.
Those who are presently & for a few more weeks yet in isolation, can learn to be satisfied with their own company by writing diaries, write down plans for when things get better, read books & keep learning. People can do housework, clean home & car, service whatever needs servicing. The main thing is to do less staring at computer screens & mindless games.
Many will find that they have lots of tasks they put off for some other time. Well, that time is now !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 1 April 2020 6:54:48 PM
Worth ten minutes of internet time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSYPwX4NPg4
Posted by individual, Thursday, 2 April 2020 12:01:54 PM
instead go sailing
diver dan,
Boating is now banned by State Govt. I'm uncertain as to why being out on the water, away from others is not acceptable.
What is the situation with journalists who appear to be in the midst of problem areas ?
Imagine if we had a National Service now. They could do shopping deliveries & generally keep an eye on people doing the right thing ?
Posted by individual, Saturday, 4 April 2020 7:13:41 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy