The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Coronavirus and the prison industrial complex > Comments

Coronavirus and the prison industrial complex : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 31/3/2020

'Release prisoners or see deaths,' tweeted sombre legal advocate Greg Barnes. 'If it happens it will be industrial manslaughter.'

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Comprehensive , BUT typical opportunist article for liberalisation of Penal systems. Forgot to mention the local NSW luvies achieving secret release of prisoners in NSW to @ protect them' from infection. If they ain't save in jail (thank you to Judge who cancelled those Labour MP crimnals early release hearings two weeks ago),,... what is going on in there. unless they get trips out to go cruising the pacific at our cost to rehabilitate them!

Seriously Author and those groupies who concur with this lieriasation and global own world crap (see https://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=20811).

Cant wait to see the next luvie bandwagon to be promoted by COVID=19. The collate damage of this virus will be far more than biological
Posted by Alison Jane, Tuesday, 31 March 2020 8:04:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I would have thought that being in prison would have them isolated from the community, therefore safe.

Letting prisoners would endanger their lives as well as the lives of the community. Ay.
Posted by Jayb, Tuesday, 31 March 2020 10:23:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't agree! Prisons are one of few places that can be locked down tighter than a fishes R sole. And if that sparks unrest or riots?

Then I would quell it with bean bag rounds r fire hoses and at the ringleaders! And in line of skirmish! Pump actions and a few with all the air taken out of their lungs a few dozen times? Would see very few returning for second helpings or fomenting more riotous behaviour?

We could massively reduce prison populations by treating substance abuse as a medical problem and put all those now incarcerated or on remand for addiction, on parole!

Preferably before the are turned into hardened criminals by the system!

This one single measure would get as many as two thirds out and back with a responsible guarantor?

Me, I'd bring back capital punishment for the incorrigible recidivists! As a way of preventing their evil from cross-contaminating first offender, non-criminals. Apart from that?

There has to be one or two offshore islands where some of these folk could be interred to ease overcrowding? And if that results in fewer visitations and conjugal rights, etc? Tough!

I mean, you think some of these folk were criminals or something?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 31 March 2020 10:33:17 AM
What unbelievable garbage this bloke spews. Just when we have tens of thousands locked in isolation, & the government is calling for hundreds of thousands more to be locked in their homes in isolation, he wants to put out on the deserted streets the very worst element to practice their theft & muggings at will.

He even suggests we should copy a failed state such as Iran in their policies.

Those least likely to comply with with isolation requests, but use the empty streets to practice their criminal activities more easily to pinch the means of getting their next fix.

As if the police & now defense force don't have enough on their hands this ratbag is wanting to add to the problems. I wonder if he ever considers what is best for the majority, or is only interested is some undeserving minor group bludging on society from the fringe. His ratbag ideas seem to be expanding.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 31 March 2020 11:32:56 AM
Dear Hasbeen,

Crikey mate, the disregard for logic you show sometimes is bewildering.

"practice their theft & muggings at will"

So less people in the street should mean less mugging. More people in their homes during the day mean far less unoccupied dwellings thus decreasing theft.

How have you managed to invert all this?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 31 March 2020 11:49:29 AM
SteeleRedux,

He has managed to invert this by taking lessons from a Master .

You may take a bow !
Posted by Aspley, Tuesday, 31 March 2020 1:02:52 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy