The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > John Roskam and the IPA run Australia > Comments

John Roskam and the IPA run Australia : Comments

By Mark Buckley, published 26/3/2020

One would expect that the leader of one of Australia's major political parties, the Liberal Party, would have thanked them politely for their advice, and then proceeded to do exactly as his party wanted.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
individual says: "How about a suggestion for an alternative that doesn't require leaving their countries in the first place".

Good comment. We have the capacity - or we did before China gave us their virus - to aid people in our region; but they are not the ones wanting to come here illegally. Those who want to enter our country illegally are not from our region, and we need to do nothing to offer them options. All aid should also benefit Australia, and should go to our region to combat Chinese incursions and their shonky 'aid', which is really all about putting poor countries in the red so that territory can be taken over by the Chinese Communist Party.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 26 March 2020 2:11:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This has to be one of the most facile and misguided analysis published in On-Line Opinion.

“He had defeated Malcolm Turnbull, who was seen as a gentleman, an urbane and distinguished lawyer, who had decided to provide, pro bono, some adult supervision for the country.” He may have been seen as that by the Left when elected PM but surely the behaviour of Malcom Turnbull since being voted out in a spill he called surely has demonstrated how misguided that view was.

As to Abbott being the world’s worst Health Minister I beg to differ. There have been 12 Health Ministers in the past 20 years. Someone I know who a consultant to the Ministry of Health (and a Labor supporter) and worked with many of them said of Tony that he always read his briefs, always asked intelligent questions, and (best of all) actually made decisions. Indeed this person said (through gritted teeth) that Tony was easily the best Health Minister Australia has had.

On-Line Opinion published the following article by me ten years ago: Who has the higher 'emotional intelligence', Julia or Tony? My opinion still holds.
Posted by EQ, Thursday, 26 March 2020 2:15:39 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
thanks EQ

bucko shows how hatred of anything or anyone decent just blinds people despite their intelligence level. No doubt if in America he would fit in very well with the lying liberal media.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 26 March 2020 3:02:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My query is, what would Mark Buckley know about what is & is not good for this Nation ?
I mean a "Writer" ? Well, as a "writer" one would think he'd boast of his experience in all matters he writes about. Has anyone read of them? All he appears to be champion in is attack anything that is not Left ? Right ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 26 March 2020 3:15:30 PM
I'd be in favour of strengthening the UN
Aidan,
For that to happen, we need COVID-19 go through that organisation first & then pull the plug to drain that particular swamp.
If the UN could be made to do what it is supposed to do for the billions given, then I think more than half of the problems of the World could be solved overnight.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 26 March 2020 9:01:25 PM
Don't ever let anyone tell you that the LNP, MPs, corporates and think tanks ever kowtow to foreign interests, especially UK and/or US against Australian interests.

The IPA is part of the Koch's Atlas Network, as is the AIP:

https://www.atlasnetwork.org/partners/global-directory/australia-and-new-zealand

'The Atlas Network (formerly known as the Atlas Economic Research Foundation) was founded in 1981 by Antony Fisher. A "Johnny Appleseed" of antiregulation groups ..... ....Atlas Network is an "associate" member of the State Policy Network, a web of right-wing “think tanks” in every state across the country.'

https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Atlas_Network

Another group in the same Koch orbit are ALEC American Legislative Exchange Council, a 'bill mill' which produces model legislation and policy 'wish lists'

'ALEC is a corporate bill mill. It is not just a lobby or a front group; it is much more powerful than that. Through ALEC, corporations hand state legislators their wishlists to benefit their bottom line. Corporations fund almost all of ALEC's operations. They pay for a seat on ALEC task forces where corporate lobbyists and special interest reps vote with elected officials to approve “model” bills.'

https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=American_Legislative_Exchange_Council

Nothing like good old Australian 'sovereignty'.....
Posted by Andras Smith, Tuesday, 31 March 2020 5:22:09 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy