The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Decay and decadence of democracy > Comments

Decay and decadence of democracy : Comments

By Rodney Crisp, published 19/3/2020

The growing disenchantment with our political leaders, political parties and system of representative democracy merits reflection.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Yep....

"Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.…"

W S Churchill
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 20 March 2020 12:22:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
W S Churchill
m haze,
Wow ! When I said here on OLO that Democracy is the worst kind of Dictatorship I was all but vilified !
I suppose time changes everything.
Posted by individual, Friday, 20 March 2020 4:27:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
individual,

I think you've misunderstood the quote.

Its pro-democracy.
Posted by mhaze, Saturday, 21 March 2020 7:31:28 AM
Its pro-democracy.
mhaze,
Still doesn't work, you got another one ?
Posted by individual, Saturday, 21 March 2020 10:01:13 AM
mhaze,
Come to think of it, what the pro-democracy advocates are really after is a Govt for each of them rather than a Govt for all !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 21 March 2020 10:03:50 AM
"what the pro-democracy advocates are really after is a Govt for each of them rather than a Govt for all !"

Whereas all the other forms of government (oligopoly, dictatorship, totalitarian, kleptocracy, monarchy etc etc ) are totally about government for all?

Or maybe just one of them....which one indi?
Posted by mhaze, Saturday, 21 March 2020 11:32:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy