The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Short of time: Julian Assange at the Westminster Magistrates Court > Comments

Short of time: Julian Assange at the Westminster Magistrates Court : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 21/1/2020

The ailing WikiLeaks founder was coping as well as he could, showing the resourcefulness of the desperate at his Monday hearing.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Sorry Mhaze, but your interpretation is wrong. Nonetheless, the extradition of Assange has to be approved by the UK in a UK court of law. And None of the self-evident BS trotted by a criminal bail jumper will alter that! Moreover, prison computers won't allow him to get access to a site that'll allow him to note symptoms then pretend to have them!

I daresay he won't fool court-appointed psychologists and will like have to face his accusers in a US court! He can always cut his wrists to delay for a month or two, but if he goes too far with this I'm too sick routine may wait out the rest of his time until boarding a plane, in a padded cell!?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 21 January 2020 4:25:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Apologies Mhaze and correction, my comment was a reply to Bazz, And I am sorry for the mistake.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 21 January 2020 4:39:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think they should let him out.

There is nothing to be gained anymore by either side. It's all become a vindictive exercise .

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 21 January 2020 8:02:23 PM
Hmmm, don't exceed 55mph or you may be pulled over by the California Highway Patrol.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 21 January 2020 8:09:56 PM
So if I steal from US residents I should be immune from prosecution because I live in Australia?

The lone gunmen holding up a Washington DC pizza restaurant on two(?) separate occasions and demanding they release the children, one firing a round through the ceiling, did so because of actions by Assange.

The guy is a self-aggrandising nob with absolutely no thought or concern for others. I'd be happy to see him rot in prison for smearing his faeces on the Ecuadorian Embassy walls.
Posted by Fester, Tuesday, 21 January 2020 10:30:58 PM
Again folks, Assange being in gaol has nothing, nowt, nix to do with the US. He's there because he skipped bail while being investigated for rape.

Once he's released from prison that may all change if the US seeks extradition. But as of right now, all those anxious to blame the US are simply wrong
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 22 January 2020 10:26:13 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy