The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Bushfire Royal Commission battleground: fuel loads or climate change? > Comments

Bushfire Royal Commission battleground: fuel loads or climate change? : Comments

By Charles Essery, published 20/1/2020

Should CCCers be allowed to drive their agenda, then we will continue to be locked in a 'Groundhog Day' loop, just as we are with urban and rural water management.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Dear Alison Jane,

A supposed meteorologist yet absolutely no idea of what state of the planet it would take to get you to acknowledge the threat of AGW was real.

So each fresh instance of a significant event showing a warming planet will be batted away.

And yes vale Terry Jones. Here is a little clip from him which is topical;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY-HOYTz-rs
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 23 January 2020 4:31:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fester,

You do not understand the mechanics of the greenhouse gas effect and that is the underlying reason you are an AGW denialist.

I can't say it any simpler so stop asking me what it is I am saying!
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 23 January 2020 6:11:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Steekredux, I can only concur with your YouTube tribute t Terry Jones. A much under estimated member of MP team. My eys actually water in empathy with Michael Palins tribute. s Kylie would say, "we should be so lucky"

They, like all great minds, are tortured. Yet they make us laugh and 'catch a grip of our egos', heirs and graces. Life is so much better for them.

Back to Runner. Yes, I agree that a Rc is going to cover old Ground. BUT this time it better deliver Or head =s will roll!.

There are a lot of overpaid, underskilled, arse licking, pole climbing "professional" career bureaucrats in this mess and its their heads I am talking about.
Posted by Alison Jane, Thursday, 23 January 2020 6:12:45 PM
ps SBS will do a tribute to Terry Jones. Hope its Good.

As a Meteorologist I measure the real world, its air, water and vapour. Climatology when I was trained was " an historical view of past weather trends across different regions of the planet. Climate s timescale was 100 years, not the 30 years now deemed by climate modellers and AGW advocates.

Two very different professions and approaches. Bothe equally valued but in the case of Climatology, its been hijacked by mathematical modellers who haven't even the practical skill to measure a fart!, let alone any real word temperature, rainfall, river flow....

HH Lamb was one of the founders of modern Climatology, he founded the now infamous, disreputable Climate Research Unit at East Anglia Uni ("Climate gate" remember that?). He wrote the seminal works on climate, used world wide. You should check out his last book from your local library or even buy it as climate is such an interest to you.

He is dead now, but lamented the work of the CRU when modellers like Phil Jones became director. That's why I am proud to be a meteorologist, and not a CCCer like you and your merry crew.
Posted by Alison Jane, Thursday, 23 January 2020 7:18:58 PM
Alison Jane,

May I suggest you and Soot Morrison should get together since you are obviously of the same mind. Give him a buzz; his call name is 'Beam up me Scotty'.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 23 January 2020 8:47:18 PM
Mr O. as always your advice is so inciteful. However, I try not to associate with pollies of any breed... because they are a unique sub-species who are ego-driven, self-serving and four-faced (every looked in the mirror Mr O).

Now something to entertain those who like to observe the antics of CCCers. This one is specially just for maxgreen and steelredux!

https://youtu.be/rvrsA0XlYGg
Posted by Alison Jane, Friday, 24 January 2020 8:30:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy