The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Should we fear a post-bushfire water quality crisis? > Comments

Should we fear a post-bushfire water quality crisis? : Comments

By Charles Essery, published 8/1/2020

Those in the water industry who manage catchments and operate treatment plants have dealt with this issue regularly.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Yes. Let's drum up more 'fear'. Frighten the life out of the plebs so that they can be manipulated even more than they already have been.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 8 January 2020 10:18:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm not sure we need fear, just a reasoned rational response!

Fear serves nobody especially now and people are already manipulated by the policymakers every day of the week. After all, who knows what they're thinking out there in mugsville? Quote unquote.( Courtesy of a conservative Vic Candidate.)

Me, I'd advise everyone to boil their drinking water regardless of source and let a volume stand overnight.

( A standard jerry can with separate inlet and outlet, will assist as the bottom tap can be opened in the morning to evacuate the muddy stuff that settles on the bottom after boiling for a minimum of 3 minutes, as a rolling boil, and overnight settling) And purchase sufficient for current family numbers.

Position square can on a side and slightly elevated to allow maximised application.

Then collect the top portion as your drinking water and also pass it through and activated carbon filter, there are off the shelf water jugs so equipped. And there are replacement cartridges. Even apparently clear water can be treated this way to exclude harmful, if invisible to the naked eye, pathogens.

You could be surprised at the "dirt" you exclude in this survival safe to drink, water treatment application.TBC.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 8 January 2020 10:47:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No. What we need is clean bore water that can be extracted from sandstone provinces, particularly those located near large bodies of permanent water.

After that, we need municipalities to invest in deionisation dialysis desalination plants to treat any adjacent seawater availability, And in some instances, this could be accomplished by some convenient state-funded, channel construction?

Could be solar-powered desal via solar thermal as the most cost-effective after MSR thorium.

Such a plant could be built on any currently uninhabited coastal island for peace of mind? And as an offset for the usual fear-mongering over the only reliable, dispatchable, on-demand,carbon-free power source, currently available.

Had we invested in this technology years ago we could have kept and expanded our manufacturing sector essential now as never before! For our self-defence
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 8 January 2020 11:05:13 AM
Thanks Alan B for the good practical advice for outback trips (and emergencies), will remember it. Hopefully the major water utilities will be able to control the impacts so we don't have to resort to that. Also, that will keep the Climate change cultist happy, as we won't be wasting energy on boiling the water!
Posted by Alison Jane, Wednesday, 8 January 2020 11:07:05 AM
I see the infamous data manipulator Dr Michael Mann has landed on our shores to promote catastrophic climate change in the form of our bushfires. This is the guy who recently lost his defamation court case over the integrity of his shonky “hocky sticky” climate temperature graph (notoriously used by Al Gore to promote his renewable energy investments and global speaking tours). The Guardian of course has promoted him by publishing a “Dangerous Climate Change” essay.

I haven’t read it, as it’s a subscription only read, and I long gave up reading “the Gruniad” as it was known it the 1980’s (due to it poor editing and spelling!). I have read his scientific Journal papers and the titbits I have seen uses 'objectively emotive' headline statements which include comments like: -

“I am a climate scientist on holiday in the Blue Mountains, watching climate change in action. After years studying the climate, my work has brought me to Sydney where I’m studying the linkages between climate change and extreme weather events”.

Great, that’s all we need is another self-promoting scientist spreading fear and loathing and criticising anyone who dares challenge his cults beliefs.

Should any of you have a copy of his latest “masterful essay” tell us more of his inciteful comments. They should be informative!

Makes you wonder, ‘How many climate change cultist airplane global tours would you need to cancel if you wanted to cool the planet?’

Answer none, but at least we wouldn't have to listen to their tales of doom and damnation.
Posted by Alison Jane, Wednesday, 8 January 2020 12:21:03 PM
Voice from the back; "Did you bring your hockey stick ?".
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 8 January 2020 1:35:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy